Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some more photos from the recent Bike Show in Houston (lifted from Texas City Cycle):

I was hoping it wasn't true despite the photos suggesting it was, but there is no denying that Kawasaki is using H4s in the headlight.... bummer..... :angry

Storage compartment on the forward portion of tank:

Headlight vertical adjustment knobs below the speedo/tach

Check out this stout rear rack.... bet'cha a factory top box is offered at some point:

Even though this bazooka for a muffler is looking less offensive the more I see it, Muzzy will still sell a LOT of exhausts for this bike, no doubt:

Dunno if I like this tail section yet.... but I bet that LED stop light (immediately below rack) is brighter than hell....

120-watt outlet looks like it's sized for a common Jastek-type male connector...

I must say, this platform is looking pretty awesome, but some critical info remains missing.....

- Alternator output?
- Fuel capacity?
- Wet (or dry) weight?
- Valve clearance check intervals?

Oh, and... it'd be great if they provided a MSRP price..... :rolleyes

·
Registered
199 Posts
Beans-why dont you like the H4?
That muffler is the ugliest thing ever put on a bike!
IF I get a GTR1400, (anyone wanna buy a y2kzx12r ,a z1k, or a st11?)I will be looking at building a new end cap for that pos. I dont want a Muzzy noise maker on this bike. I would prefer oem quiet(call me an old fart, LOL). A new end cap that is of a more conventional shape is all that would be required to make this canister ok for me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ozzy said:
Beans-why dont you like the H4?
That was my comment, vice Beans....

The H4 is fine in and of itself, but a H4 reflector housing makes it a bit of a challenge to properly fit HID bulbs, is all.

It can be worked around, but it would be best it they were single-filament bulbs like the H7, H9, etc.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Warchild said:
That was my comment, vice Beans....
Forgive me, I am old and senile,LOL!

I am wondering if there is room in the headlight housing to remove the small round "drl's" ( i think that is what they are) and replace them with a set of projector beams.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ozzy said:
I am wondering if there is room in the headlight housing to remove the small round "drl's" ( i think that is what they are) and replace them with a set of projector beams.
I was wondering the same....

Though I am not familiar with the acronym "drl's"; what does this acronym stand for?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shortcircuit said:
drl's??? = daytime running lights I think
Sounds logical enough... but if those two small round lenses toward the bottom center of the headlights are indeed drl's, seems odd they would be that close together. Typically, they are place in the upper opposing corners of the headlamp assembly....

·
Registered
81 Posts
A member on PNWRiders.com, just had the Ballast go away in his H.I.D. conversion. $150.00 to replace it.
Any ideas? He's back to stock H-4's now.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
james1300 said:
A member on PNWRiders.com, just had the Ballast go away in his H.I.D. conversion. $150.00 to replace it.
Could be any number of issues.... or it could be he just had a bad ballast...

I've had the same HID kit in my Blackbird for almost 5 years/85,000 miles, it's as staggering bright now as it was when I installed it in 2001.

What HID kit did he use? And what bike did he install it in?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Warchild said:
Some more photos from the recent Bike Show in Houston (lifted from Texas City Cycle):

120-watt outlet looks like it's sized for a common Jastek-type male connector...

I must say, this platform is looking pretty awesome, but some critical info remains missing.....

- Alternator output?
- Fuel capacity?
- Wet (or dry) weight?
- Valve clearance check intervals?

Oh, and... it'd be great if they provided a MSRP price..... :rolleyes
What are you going to do, run a coffee maker off that 120W?:headscratch

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ok, so I have to say it. Why no full bike pictures? Touring bikes look more and more fun every time I sit on one. I'm getting old at the tender age of 21.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts