Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ,I got all the after markets I ordered on my 14.Check Wife's MasterCard takes a beating for the list. The bike is:thefinger insane!!! Holy squat and go batman! As you have probably read on other sites the TRE[Timing Retard Eliminator] has nothing to do with retarding the engine timing, it retards the time at witch the secondary butterflies open in the throttle bodies.Stock they start to open after 6000rpm,with the TRE they start to open at 3000rpm.Contrary to some belief this does not make the 14 an uncontrolable monster at low rpm's, it simply starts to bring on the power a little sooner. Dyno tests have shown a lean spot with the TRE installed at around 4000 rpm,so if you ever cruse your 14 I would advise a power comander and a map fron Brock Racing to match your mods. Hopefully going to the track this Friday,if not it will be next Friday. My Comander is mapped for the pipe only right now.I'm going to try it like this first then put it on the dyno and try to get it mapped perfect for all the mods and the altitude out here.With the suspension lowered and the bolt-ons this is a hole new bike. I took some pics of the pipe install, I'll try to get them posted some time in the next week. The bike is surprisingly simple to work on.I've had it stripped naked three or four times already. Useing hand tools I pulled the seat,tank,foreman grills,mid and lower fairings and all other related plastic to install the PC.PC mounted,wires run and hooked up and the back together and running took 1hr and 15min. Not to shabby,if I do say so myself :tard :pint :king

·
Registered
34 Posts
were is the pics on this

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will try to post a bunch of various pics over the next week or so. No warrenty on this statement. I'm so far behind with work,projects,etc. that I think I'm first! See quote...:angry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts