Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So are these race exhaust package kits worth it?

Supposedly you can repackage your stock cans with this and you gain the sound and power that a slip on would give you at only a fraction of the cost. Is this BS or the real deal???

Ebay Auction Link

Website Link

·
Registered
196 Posts
basicaly they are gutting the stock exhaust and giving you some baffeling to put back in.

it will take away all the backpressure so may need a PC and a custom map

·
Registered
990 Posts
Or just take the original baffles out & save yourself $110 less the cost of 8 rivets. It's certainly going to be louder but what is it going to do to the torque curve at low to mid range.

Perforated metal with wadding will absorb some noise but the kit is a bit crude. What sort of disclaimer do they give? If you have an exhaust place or metal fabrication shop near, they could probably make up the pieces of perf tube for a few dollars. The wadding, rivets & PTFE tape don't cost much if you know where to look.

I would want to see torque curves to be convinced (very unlikely) & also whether possible to revert back to the original baffles when you sell the bike.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I doubt the warranty would be voided because of this. its the same thing as puting aftermarket exhaust on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i bought the kit and it is what it looks like, you take the rivits out and take the stock internals out. you have to cut off the bottom of the internals where the 4 studs are to bolt on the muffler. then you simply wrap the baffles up in glass. but i took it a step further and cut down my mufflers by about 50% and did the same to the perforated tube and glass. then i rivited the caps back on. it looks good and unique and is way louder but passable, the first day i had it i rode by some cops and they didnt do anything. it isnt bad at idle but wot is rediculous!! ha ha. i reccomend it if you want exhaust but want to get other mods with limited budget. i used simple tools, a rivit gun, a drill, and a sawsall. it took me an hour to do it all.

·
Registered
196 Posts
a guy here in town is going to let me take measurements off the set he got. going to try to fab my own.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I know a guy who did this, and I honestly can't hear that much of a difference. There is one, don't get me wrong, but not substantial.

I would like to know if anyone has gone with the slip ons, and what is recommended.

I have heard that the Akra's weren't that loud, and the CF was cracking on them.

I like the idea of the Yosh chrome pipes, but w/o any other chrome on the bike, it almost seems pointless to bling my bikes ass. LOL

Comments, suggestions....

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Swoosh said:
I have heard that the Akra's weren't that loud, and the CF was cracking on them.
Is the CF cracking because of poor carbon fiber or poor resin? I thought the CF in general cracked unless you cleaned them after every ride with something to keep them taken care of and protected. I use to hear about everyone doing that to their CF Muzzys pipes on the ZX-12R back in the day.

Can any confirm or deny??

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Never had CF pipes, so I'm not sure. But if they require that they get cleaned after every ride.... they are SO not the pipes for me!! LOL

Ride her hard, and put her away wet I say!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have just bought this package for my bike, will post up pics and a vid in a few days.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I also have this kit in my bike. I love it and I got mine off ebay 2 months ago for $90 shipped. It's a lot cheaper than $600 to $800 for a set of slip ons:clap

1 - 15 of 15 Posts