Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at a Road & Track magazine, they had a list of 0-100-0 times on exotic cars. In that same article, they compared a Ferrari Enzo to a 1994 Kawasaki ZX-9R. The Ferrari Enzo recorded a time of 11.7 from 0 to 100 and back to 0 while the Kawasaki ZX-9R recorded a time of 11.5. The Ferrari Enzo got to 100 faster (6.9 vs 7.2) and braked better (4.0 vs 4.3), but had a longer transition time.

This is rather odd, as the Ferrari Enzo is a 2003 supercar while the Kawasaki ZX-9R is much older as a 1994. Quoting the article, "We are confident that a modern motorcycle will have better performance than the Kawasaki ZX-9R tested in 1994."

Are today's modern sportbikes better and faster from a performance standpoint than today's supercar exotics?

·
Registered
60 Posts
never seen a car win

never seen any car win from a bike in evry movie i seen on the net so,i think you can spend as much money if you like not any streetlegal car will go faster then a liter ssportbike.so ifyou spend money for speed any sportbike will be excelent value fo money.:crazyloco

·
Registered
208 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
I guess up until 250kmh it will be quite even, after that the bike will run out of breath and the car accelerates effortless to 300+ (Veyron: 400+), while the driver lights another cigarette and changes a cd :)
But for the price of a supercar you can make a superbike too...

·
Registered
288 Posts
pound for pound my money is on the bike :thefinger . the bike may have 1/2 the hp of the car but the weight advantage goes to the bike. now if the race is long enough to where the car can stretch that hp out thats a different story :eek:hno ...........

·
Premium Member
4,322 Posts
better yet, the tin tops will run out of fuel before the bike at that speed......... LOL, so the bikes still win

1 - 7 of 7 Posts