Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a while since I first posted on these forums, still havent got a bike yet either.

Quick question for the normal riders..........

whats the deal with all the reports on 'lack of midrange power' of the new 07 zx6r? Is it really as bad as they make out or is it a non-factor to a casual non-racing rider? am I not going to have any power available mid-range or are they referring to track racing against other 600s or 1000cc's?

same deal with these lap-times, 0-60 times, I read lots of reports and they make it out as though the 6R is bad but looking at the times, 6R is only 0.33sec slower than the CBR, i mean COME ON, 0.33sec.....

PS i've been on my mate's 9R (I know 9R is slightly different from a 6R :p ) and his midrange power feel damn fine to me

·
Registered
264 Posts
You are right. Kawi dropped 36cc and lost a little mid range. The 2007 ZX6R is a track bike first and a street bike second according to the reviews. You dont notice the lower midrange punch when pushing redline during track days. Honda has been lacking for the last couple of years and they finally stepped up with a new (much lighter) machine. I dont regret my 07 Ninja, no matter what the reviews say, its a spectacular machine!

·
Registered
165 Posts
You are right. Kawi dropped 36cc and lost a little mid range. The 2007 ZX6R is a track bike first and a street bike second according to the reviews. You dont notice the lower midrange punch when pushing redline during track days. Honda has been lacking for the last couple of years and they finally stepped up with a new (much lighter) machine. I dont regret my 07 Ninja, no matter what the reviews say, its a spectacular machine!
37*
it dropped down to 599

·
Registered
191 Posts
yeah, I hear that at some point during acceleration its almost like a turbo booster.

·
Registered
532 Posts
36cc or 37cc WTH! I hear a lot of guys say that the new 6R is much slower in the midrange than the 636. Well, I have never ridden the 636, but I dont have that much of a problem with my '07 6R, and I ride the 10R every now and again as well. It is something you learn to live with, as well as the fairly long first gear, but all-in-all, I won't trade it for any other 600, because the kick you get above 10000 RPM and the handling more than make up for any so-called midrange shortage!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
The 07 6R is outstanding.

As stated above it was designed for the track first and street second.

I am coming of a 2006 GSX-R1000 and I am not complaining. Corner entry, mid corner corrections and corner speeds are sick on this bike even in its stock configuration.

If you are looking for a bike with lot's of low end and mid for the street go with a vtwin.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts