Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched all over the .net, including the Michelin site, but I can't find anywhere that it states what the proper inflation should be on a ZX-14 (or any bike, for that matter).

Does anybody know a factual answer? Front and rear, please.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
i run 42 psi in mine front and rear. i have heard not to follow the tire as much as the make of the bike. cannot confirm that is true, however with 42 in mine she roll fine no traction issues at all, however when i run below that i can feel a sluggishness in the bike as it doesn't feel to roll as freely. just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
i feel ya bro, to be honest, i didn't pay alot of attention to tire pressure for a long time, however i do know. my bike doesn't feel as strong when the tire pressure are lower. it is almost like i can feel every bump in the road and the bike is kinda saggy. again i have been running these tires for 5k and they seem great on the 42 and appear they are going to get another 3k with that pressure. i wouldn't agree at all with 32 or 33

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
10 llbs is defintatley not the difference between life and death. Its the difference between more and less grip. Running 42 psi like said above the bike will roll easier/run higher speeds/and get better gas milage. Running 33 psi will get you better grip(creating a slightly flatter contact patch on the road). But dont think "flat" it will not be literally a flat spot, just flatter than the tire with 42 psi.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Look at the tire's maximum, then look at the bike's intended pressures in your manual.

Somewhere above 30 PSI and less than the tire's maximum is where you should find what you prefer.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Does not matter what bike the tire is on.
You can run the max air pressure on the tire.
Not always best for traction at max pressure but none the less, won't hurt it.
Whether it a 600 or a 14.

Higher air pressure = better fuel and tire mileage
Lower air pressure = better traction, lower fuel and tire mileage.

If I'm road tripping on the inerstate, I put more air in mine,
otherwise, I run lower air pressure for more grip.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Does not matter what bike the tire is on.
You can run the max air pressure on the tire.
Not always best for traction at max pressure but none the less, won't hurt it.
Whether it a 600 or a 14.
OR! You can read my post.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
I did not read your post, I saw the OP's question and hit reply.
Didn't read everyone else's reply.
I gathered as much. That is why I said what I said.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I gathered as much. That is why I said what I said.
He does not have to read your post? Dont get all bent out of shape, not your thread. :rolleyes

·
Registered
90 Posts
Masta Squidge DAAAAMN bro,

You got like 500 post per month.

Post Whore... Just kidding.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Thats is def post whoring, almost everyone on this sight is obsessed with it for some reason.

·
Registered
90 Posts
What up Randy,
What's crackin

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
He does not have to read your post? Dont get all bent out of shape, not your thread. :rolleyes
The only people getting bent out of shape apparently are you two. I simply made a statement, and then an observation followed by another statement.

If you guys think you have something to defend, be my guest. I must be a huge loser with no life, and probably no motorcycle based on how often I post.

OR, maybe I log on here while I am at work, or working on something on the computer, and post from time to time throughout the day.

Nah, I doubt that. Def a loser. But to my credit, 16.37 posts per day is really not that hard. It can be done in less than 15 minutes.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Im workin a 24 hour work shift right now, bored as shit

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
The only people getting bent out of shape apparently are you two. I simply made a statement, and then an observation followed by another statement.

If you guys think you have something to defend, be my guest. I must be a huge loser with no life, and probably no motorcycle based on how often I post.

OR, maybe I log on here while I am at work, or working on something on the computer, and post from time to time throughout the day.

Nah, I doubt that. Def a loser. But to my credit, 16.37 posts per day is really not that hard. It can be done in less than 15 minutes.
Who said that :headscratch

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
I am just making assumptions on your opinion and intended message based on typical internet stereotypes.

You too have done the same (assuming things) by immediately stating that I am "bent out of shape".

·
Registered
1,372 Posts

1 - 20 of 51 Posts