Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After you have an agreement on repairs,and a mechanic does not deliver,and doesent stand behind his work,what can be done,after you talk to him and he says,well take it to someone else,and if they cant fixx it,then call me back!:angry

·
Registered
43 Posts
After you have an agreement on repairs,and a mechanic does not deliver,and doesent stand behind his work,what can be done,after you talk to him and he says,well take it to someone else,and if they cant fixx it,then call me back!:angry
I have done quite a bit of shade-tree mechanicing in my time. If I couldn't do the job to satisfaction, I would give the money back. But others aren't so conscientious.

If your mechanic won't give you a refund, I suppose you could take him to small claims court.

·
Registered
330 Posts
It's unfortunate that some of these places don't realize the power of "word of mouth" and the effect it can have on their future business :thefinger They really need to try harder to keep the customer happy. Def. small claims court to get your cash back but you'll have to do your homework first to make sure you can proove your complaint.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Doing my homework.

I know that the mechanic didnt want to take the motor back out to fixx the bottom case where a prievious person had put a standard bolt in instead of metric!so his idea of fixxing was to perrmatex the whole damn bottom of the bike!.I wish he had fixxed it right in the first place,and if i needed a new bottom we would have got it!:banghead He said he put yellow dye in the motor and checked the leak w a black light,and it was dry!My brakes leak,but he said he didnt touch my brakes,but thats the prob.he didnt deliver.Hes busy working on Drag Bikes that guys are spending $20,000 with him.I guess my $5.000 isnt good enough!

·
Registered
330 Posts
I guess my $5.000 isnt good enough!
5 grand ain't chump change - it sucks that you aren't satisfied after spending that kind of coin.
Almost sounds like 2 issues here tho. Leak in the casing & leaking from brake (lines or cylinder(s)) that wasn't there before you took it to him. You're probably beat on the brake thing cuz it's "he said - you said" deal. If the casing is dry (leak free) for now then, although it's not fixed the way it should have been, at least there's no immediate issue. Maybe see if he won't at least guarentee his casing repair for a year or something. Might be a way both of you will be O.K. with the outcome - up to you tho; your bike.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To me $5,000feels like $20,000

My bike should be rideable,if i was just going to get a motor rebuild then i wouldnt have took the frame etc. to the shop,like we agreed upon Some of these shops are overwhelmed with no good helpers,and just dont care anymore! oh and yes Power by Saurer!Made a commitment and gave up on it!I love my bike and i will ride it again someday,but i have a precious family and cant just blow cash on insensitive shops that dont deliver!::banghead

1 - 9 of 9 Posts