Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From MCN:

KAWASAKI ZX-14

WE’RE just a couple ofweeks away from finally answering the question of how much power the new Kawasaki ZZ-R1400 really makes. The firm is due to put the new machine into production in less than a month, and the final fuel injection specification must be decided before then. The engine is capable of well in excess of 200bhp, according to Kawasaki insiders, but whether it is offered for sale tuned to its full potential depends on an imminent decision from the firm.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I frinkn' cant wait until someone gets one...:blob :blob :blob

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
zx_rider said:
I frinkn' cant wait until someone gets one...:blob :blob :blob
Did you goto the Seattle IMS show this past December and see one by chance?

·
Registered
604 Posts
No:banghead :banghead , i wish though....i had a wedding to go to that day so that sucks.....but really want to see one and definetly want to test ride one!!!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was just informed that all the numbers and info on the 14 will be available and ready to go in the dealers by Feb. 28 - guess we have to wait and see.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I look forward to seeing one in person as well as riding one. From what I've seen on the net I'm unimpressed with the 14 other than the potential hp stats. I had hoped Kawi would have kept a similar platform to the 12R and built on it. They're apparently more interested in the guy/gal who will be making the occasional dragstrip run as opposed the guy who enjoys occasional trackdays (road courses). I have no doubt the 14 will handle decent but from the photos alone and seeing the foot peg placement as well as what appears to be added length (compared to a 12R)..I believe the 14 will be better suited for straightaway blasts than tearing up the twisties (again..compared to the 12R). From what I can tell, Kawi took a step forward in engine developement..but I'm still not quite sure what they were thinking chassis and styling-wise?:headscrat

·
Registered
81 Posts
Venumb said:
I believe the 14 will be better suited for straightaway blasts than tearing up the twisties (again..compared to the 12R). From what I can tell, Kawi took a step forward in engine developement..but I'm still not quite sure what they were thinking chassis and styling-wise?:headscrat
Hayabusa beater! Bragging rights to top speed and 1/4 mile times. Hopefully some of the engine tweaks will trickle on down to the "smaller" bikes in Mama K's stable.

·
Registered
38 Posts
LunaZ said:
Hayabusa beater! Bragging rights to top speed and 1/4 mile times. Hopefully some of the engine tweaks will trickle on down to the "smaller" bikes in Mama K's stable.
Hayabusa beating is/was a done deal with the 12R and to most is a played-out song. As far as top-speed goes..186 mph..is...186 mph....unless you're suggesting there's no 186 mph speed govrener???:headscrat

·
Registered
4 Posts
Another post of yours copied of off me on Bikeland, Beans: you copied this verbatim from my Bikeland thread also, oh so coincidentally, " MCN: ZX-14 production to begin in less than one month"

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
trenace said:
Another post of yours copied of off me on Bikeland, Beans: you copied this verbatim from my Bikeland thread also, oh so coincidentally, " MCN: ZX-14 production to begin in less than one month"
As I stated before, I was giving credit to MCN, and I thought that was the title of the MCN article.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts