Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just moved from the trusty old zx7r (modded with zx14 parts) to what you guys appear to call a connie. Everytime I twist the handle past 120 km/h I'm scared to death that the hard cases fly off the bike into a car etc. Google search about this subject is as effective as thoughts and prayers for peace in middle east.

I dont expect to commute at 270 km/h but I do travel a lot and often do 600-700km in a day at 160-180 km/h average. These hard cases can sustain that? At 120 I put my hand in their area and cant feel much pressure on them. Kawasaki did a great airflow design but I really want to know if anyone here heard of people losing cases to speed.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's a Connie in the USA where Kawasaki called Concourse.

I have heard of early models loosing their side cases due to some kind of flaw in the locking mechanism. I have beard a lot about people drilling the lower mounts and pinning them.

Personal experience of my 07 model is the cases are fine at speed. Mine have always stayed with me and kept everything inside safe and dry... including heavy loads when I've gone grocery shopping.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts