Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello mates,

Have been listening a clap during decelaration from high rpms that iseems that came from the valve train, but I checked it and the gaps are within the parameters. Maybe it comes from the camchain and just in case I would like to put a mcct.

Anyone already put this without engine drop?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,530 Posts
Also check your valve cover to make sure the chain guide (12053b in the picture) is still in the valve cover. Over time that part gets hard and will eventually crack and disintegrate. Then it falls into the oil pan and it’s picked up in the oil pick up screen. If it’s missing from the valve cover you can assume it’s all in the oil pan and the oil pick up screen. I would then remove the oil pan and clean both parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That piece of rubber was the cause of my engine reparation. Cause it was old, the camchain touch it during a trackday and it clogged the oil pan filter. No oil pressure and kaputt the rod bearings.

Thanks for the tip

·
Premium Member
6,530 Posts
You’re welcome. Sorry you had an engine failure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Just installed the mcct and I left a slack in the camchain around 3-4mm. Turned the engine and it was freely. However before close everything I would like your opinion about it.
What do you think about this slack? ( 3mm down, 4mm up )

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok mates. Here some short videos of the camchain slack after and befor the mcct:

This one is with etl mcct with 4mm up - 3mm down of freeplay:

And this one is with the stock CCT ( didnt measured srry ):

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Assembled all and go for a test drive and now I could hear the rattle on acelaration and decelaration (worst). So I went back to my garage and tight 1/4 each time and test it ( fortunatly it could be done just rising the fuel tank ) and after 3/4 I felt the bike hard to start at normal ride temperature. So I went back 1/4 and that was the good spot.
However, the rattle is much better but still on the decelaration..., any ideas?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts