Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new here on the forums. Good to be here though.

I just bought a 06 636 in kawi green (is there any other color?) a month ago. I bought it brand new with the carbon 2bros. full system already on it. At the same time my room mate bought an 07 GSXR 750 completely stock. Both bikes have a few miles on them now so we've been testing them out :scared

Anyway, his bike stock, my bike with the exhaust, he weighs 175lbs and I weigh 132lbs soaking wet. On a roll in 1st from 20-140mph we were completely side by side. Done it a couple times, same result each time.

I had a nice smile on my face.........but he wasn't quite so happy at the outcome hehe. Something about my 600 keeping up with his 750 just doesn't settle well with him. I don't think the our weight differences have dawned on him yet but I'm not saying nuttin :smile

Bottom line, this ZX6R is one bad mother and I think the bike gets underestimated alot as a 600.

·
Registered
236 Posts
:rofl go green:rofl

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I'm ordering a Power Commander today. I'm gonna sneak it in on him with the 2bros. custom map and not say anything. :evil

I can't wait to see the look on his face when I pull on him hehe.

I also just noticed that 2 bros. doesn't make a full system for the 6R's. I figured since it costs $1000 it would be a full system..........that's a ton of money for a slip on. Glad I got it for free!!!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Welcome!

Keep humiliating that Gixxer :nana Gotta love that :crackup

Those 2-Bros. are nice but ya; a wack of cash for a slip-on :scared

BTW: GREEN; no - there is no other color.

·
Registered
191 Posts
The power of the GREEN! But you gotta give a lot of credit to the bike. I mean yeah it is a 43lb difference but its also a 114cc difference right?? Zixxer baby

·
Registered
31 Posts
I believe losing about 8lb. is like gaining 1hp...but don't quote me on that. Can't seem to remember where I read that info from. I'll find out more and let ya know.

IL

·
Registered
14 Posts
I believe losing about 8lb. is like gaining 1hp...but don't quote me on that. Can't seem to remember where I read that info from. I'll find out more and let ya know.

IL
Yeh, I heard that to go faster, it's more effective to strip weight than add bhp.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I know that at the drag strip they say losing 100 lbs. is good for a 0.1 second gain in a car. Losing 30 lbs. is good for a 0.1 second gain on a bike. This is kinda like rough math, but a 43 lb. difference is significant. You could also sneak a slightly bigger sprocket on the back. That would help you pull on him.
T

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know that at the drag strip they say losing 100 lbs. is good for a 0.1 second gain in a car. Losing 30 lbs. is good for a 0.1 second gain on a bike. This is kinda like rough math, but a 43 lb. difference is significant. You could also sneak a slightly bigger sprocket on the back. That would help you pull on him.
T
Oh yeah, I'm definately putting some sprockets on it along with the power commander. He's my room mate and also works for me so It's gonna be hard to sneak the sprockets on, but the power commander will be easy.

He ordered a Hotbodies exhaust and powercommander for the Gixxer so I'm gonna have my hands full. I have alot of experience drag racing sport bikes on the street where he is a Newb on a bike period.......so I'm trying to get him to go to the dragstrip with me so I can school him on the launch Hehehe.

·
Registered
191 Posts
What Are Sprockets!?!?!?!?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What Are Sprockets!?!?!?!?
LOL, well maybe you all in the streetbike world call them something different.
I'm talking about changing the final gearing on the bike by changing the "sprockets" that the chain drives. IMO there is no need to have a 400lb machine that will go 170 mph with no rollcage or body to protect you. I'd rather have it geared for 140mph and be able to do power wheelies in 2nd gear!! (and smoke bigger bikes in a drag race) :crazyloco

·
Registered
191 Posts
Oh ok.. Gotcha

·
Registered
151 Posts
good glad to hear he couldn't get nowhere on ya. i raced my buddies 05 gsxr 600. i let him take off on me and when i cranked on it i walked him down like i was on a 1000. loved it now he's thinkin about goin kawi lol.

·
Registered
164 Posts
hahaha....yeah my buddy got a '05 gsxr600 when I got my 636 and swore up and down he was faster especially after he got his exhaust...but I constantly walk him.....he's always got an excuse though...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts