Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friend keeps saying that to me. is it from a movie or something? anyway, its official, i'm now the mail man. the pay is excellent, the benefits are excellent. there's going to be lots of overtime in my future. doesn't leave me with a lot of time for riding but atleast i can buy parts again. and let me tell you, being the mail man is hard work. watching them deliver mail makes it look easy, but believe me, now that i'm actually doing it, its a very difficult job. i've learned a lot about the usps lately too. stamps are now 41 cents. lots of people are grumbling about that. but i learned that each peice of first class mail that you send gets handled 22 times! now that i'm seeing whats behind the usps, its surprising that you get such service for only 41 cents. the mail sorters (machinery) at the central illinois processing and distribution center can sort 39500 letters per hour. watching these machines run is impressive.
T

·
Registered
16 Posts
I work on the DBCS (delivery bar code sorter) machines here where I live. I am a clerk of two years.

Welcome,.... Pay and bennies are great!

It may seem like a hard job now... but give it a while, For the money we get paid it's not that bad at all:crazyloco

·
Registered
41 Posts
congrats! im a postie in CANADA -19 years on the job..:crazyloco do your job to the letter and dont @$#% the mail and youll do fine!!the best job to get IMO is a delivery driver -you wont wear out your body as much-started in 1989- pay was 16 /hr- now is 22/hr.. cant beat being home by noon so i can polish and ride my ZZR...:smile

1 - 8 of 8 Posts