Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
picked up a magazine the other day and there was an add for this "Made 2 race" sportbike gear. I've never herd of them before and was wondering if any body knows about there jackets as far as quality goes? Cuz i found me a suit that i like on their website for only $500 new. i'm leaning towards that or the alpinestar MX-1 jacket and track pants. here are some pics of the M2R missle suit.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Can't comment on the quality, never heard of em until this post.

But do they come in Green/Black? That's the question.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Can't comment on the quality, never heard of em until this post.

But do they come in Green/Black? That's the question.
I cant comment on the quality neither cause I have never heard of them. But when it comes to gear, you definately want support in the arms, back and knees. NO MATTER WHAT COLOUR IT IS LOL. Put it to you this way, green streaks more than any other colour. I paid $150 for my jacket made by Joe Rocket and $20 for a pair of Old Navy blue jeans, and the jacket saved my ass when I went down but the jeans got tore up. It isnt about how good you look doing it anymore, its about how you look when you get done doing it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
M2R helmets are fairly common over here in Taiwan... so common that I thought they were a Taiwanese brand.. someone told me the same, while someone told me it was a UK brand~~

Anyway, I've never worn one of their helmets, so I can't comment from personal experience... but I haven't heard any complaints about them. They're fairly popular, as they are seemingly comfortable and safe, while being cheaper than the bigger brands like Arai

Can't comment at all on the leathers though.. didn't even know they made 'em~

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
for that 2 piece thats the only color it comes in :( but ppl i've been talkin to are sayin if u don't know anything about the gear and its not in any of the local shops, then i'm better off goin with a pair of A-stars or joe rockets wich i'm probably gonna end up doin

·
Registered
5 Posts
M2R Helmets expanded a couple years ago from helmets to making gear, I'm not too sure about there street gear, but I own 3 M2R helmets that I love. there MX gear came out last year and was supposed to be good quality for the price so I can only expect they would be just as good.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It's hard to gauge the quality of leathers until you fall off.

I've had two tumbles on the hein gericke one piece and I'd say I could just about get away with another low speed spill, but not a high speed (too much leather has worn away).

I went to a track day with a friend who had a NEW Alpine Stars one piece on.

We were sitting on the concrete wall watching the other racers go past waiting for our session to roll around, and when he got up, the outer layer of leather had ripped (you get 2 or 3 layers on the bum on most race leathers).

That just brought it home to me, that alot of AlpineStars stuff is just marketing.

AlpineStars is meant to be lighter weight, but just as strong. I'd like to believe this (given the price of their leathers) but of all the made to measure leathers that my friends have, their leathers weigh alot more than the mass produced stuff and have lasted longer.

If you can get your hands on a set of M2R leathers, check:

1) how heavy they are. It's a very rough way to gauge quality, but until you fall off........
2) how thick the leather is (not all suits use the same thickness.
3) how many layers on the slide points (bum, arms etc).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts