Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a LSL Spiegler kit today and what a difference it makes! I feel like it really helps with comfort and actually for me, it improves the handleing of the bike.
Now here's the strange thing and I was wondering if anyone with the Spiegler kit has experienced the same thing. A while ago I bought a C14 seat and tried it out on the bike. I winded up returning to the stock seat after about a month because for me, it only compounded the problem of the seating position. I reinstalled the concours seat today after I installed the bar kit and I feel like with the bar kit, I actually like the stock seat better still. I'm not a tall guy by any means at 5'8" and with the C14 seat, I can hardly touch the ground with my tip toes.

·
Premium Member
13,117 Posts
I have a bar adapter similar to the LSL, but I don't have a stock seat. My Tobin seat makes for a pretty cramped seat-to-peg relationship, even with the stock peg rubbers removed and flat rubber in their place. The addition of a strap-on gel-and-memory-foam seat pad has given me a little more leg room, but I'm still considering Buell pegs to get another inch or so. I bolted up a pair of Renthal alloy bars after I clamped them in a vise and used a 3' cheater pipe to get the pullback angle I like. Now my hands fall right on the grips with no undue twist or strain. Feels natural.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know what you mean by it feeling natural, Hammerhead. That's how it feels on mine now. The thing that I can't get around is how it changed the way that the concours seat feels and how I actually like the stock seat better now.

·
Registered
364 Posts
My 2008 has the LSL bar kit with the C14 seat and Buell foot pegs plus I added 1 in bar risers.

It is kinda comfy except the C14 seat might need the Spencer work done to help with the butt crunch syndrome.

:headscratch

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I might go with a higher bar with the LSL kit.I'm 6ft 2 and it feels good now.I'm going with a Corbin or Sergeant full seat.Not sure which one.My wife wants the Corbin cause of the Back rest.Like to get some opinions.
Craig

·
Registered
130 Posts
I might go with a higher bar with the LSL kit.I'm 6ft 2 and it feels good now.I'm going with a Corbin or Sergeant full seat.Not sure which one.My wife wants the Corbin cause of the Back rest.Like to get some opinions.
Craig
My wife also likes the backrest, I switch from the stock seat to a Corbin when she rides.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Nice Shots Hammer.. Hey, Who makes that Windscreen extension? and does it have to be used with a particular windscreen? Thanks !

·
Premium Member
13,117 Posts
That's an MRA windscreen with an MRA Vario spoiler added. The screen is nearly identical to the stock screen's profile except for the two pressure relief vents. I recently sold it and put on a Zero Gravity Sport Touring screen. I am considering adding another Vario spoiler to the ZGST for some additional wind protection. They make several profiles of spoiler. Their website shows how to make a simple template to match a particular spoiler with the profile of the screen you want to add to.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productlist/339/

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thanks Hammer... I Like That Look... I have the ZGST as well.. But, I still feel a need to lean over some.. we have had March Winds in May and I am getting buffeted more than I like unless I lean forward a bit 5'10" 1" Heli's Corbin peg kit...

·
Registered
418 Posts
Here's a weird thought. I was at the dealer yesterday, and looked at the ZX 1000 (sort of a 1000 cc for people who like to sit upright). The bars bolt into a casting that clamps to the top of the fork. The casting rises up, out and back, sort of like an FJR or VFR 600 riser. If the forks are the same size, it would be a "bolt on". You'd definitely have to mess with cables, but you'd sure get a nice rise. You could adjust swing angle too. Might be cheaper than LSL and look nicer. We should look into this idea.

·
Premium Member
13,117 Posts
There are bolt-on risers that move the bars up and back that could be used in conjunction with the LSL kit, but you'd soon run out of wiring, cable, brake and clutch line. The brake and clutch line problem could be remedied with custom-length lines, and longer throttle cables can be had, but the electrical wiring that goes to the handlebar switches would be more problematic. As it is, some of these need to be re-routed just to make the LSL kit work, so any further relocation of the grips would cause issues that are not easily resolved.

·
Registered
11 Posts
How hard is it to install the lsl kit I order mine a while ago but got held up at the border I will be leving on a trip in 4 days. is there any thing that I need other than what is in the kit, Any tools. I don't want to start the install if I can,t finish without waiting to get some tools or parts .

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Heres mine
Craid
[/IMG]

·
Premium Member
13,117 Posts
How hard is it to install the lsl kit I order mine a while ago but got held up at the border I will be leving on a trip in 4 days. is there any thing that I need other than what is in the kit, Any tools. I don't want to start the install if I can,t finish without waiting to get some tools or parts .
The kit should be complete and should only require a little re-routing to make everything work. If a longer brake line is required, it will be included.

·
Registered
364 Posts
My kit had the longer front brake lines and for the clutch line it is just removing a bracket to free up some line. Read the instructions for the throttle cables and all else is pretty simple.

My only suggestion is when you remove the factory top clamp to make sure you have a jack under the exhaust that you lift the bike by so the clamp comes off easy. If not the natural motion of the bike will be to move the tire forward putting extra stress on the bottom clamp and you will have a hell of a time trying to get the factory top off and the LSL supplied one on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks lytnin for the suggesten about the jack under the pipe. Just finished installing my lsl kit, the brake lines were a pain, but the bar were on in a hour. Now My bike feels like my sled. How dose it handle at the track with the lsl kit on.

·
Registered
27 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts