Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to lower my ZX 11. On the street the ride height is fine, but at the drag strip I think it needs to be lower. I've seen lowering links for sale for D models, but haven't seen anything for my C. Anybody lowered their early ZX 11? I want to lower the rear with some sort of aftermarket links (hopefully they are available but I haven't found them) and strap the front down. This setup will be for drag strip only and I will revert to stock height on the street. Can anybody steer me in the right direction? Any advice?

T

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just checked out the pingel site. They don't offer lowering links. What they offer is a solid strut. I'm pretty sure you delete your rear shock and install the solid strut. Not interested in doing that. Still looking to lower the ZX11C. You can find links for the D but nothing for the C.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
make your own out of mild steel,holes need to be 1/2 to 5/8 farther apart than stock.you can make them from 1" x 3/16" mild steel.
Thanks for the advice. I have access to machine tools (seems like the bridgeport mill is the one for the job) and material. I was hoping to just buy the parts but looks like I'll have to fab them. The dimensions are helpful because I want to avoid the trial and error method. If I make them I'll probably go for aluminum. Do you think they need to be steel?
T

1 - 8 of 8 Posts