Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i just bought my 01 zx6r maybe 3 weeks ago from my sisters boyfriend. The guy he bought it from had the bike lowerd, but then raised it back. The one thing that i have not liked about the bike is that the rear still looks low. Last night im out looking at my bike and notice it still has the lowering links on it. and is set to the middle hole. i know that if i loosen the bolt and move it to the lowest hole it should raise the bike more. my question is.... Does that metal link need to be there or can i remove it totally from the bike? sorry for the book!!!:dunno

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you are talking about the lowering link then, YES you do need it. Without it the back of your bike will be bottom out and probally unridable. If you want to get it back to stock height just take them out and get some OE one to put in its place.

·
Banned
528 Posts
u don't need to get another set just move the bolt to the top hole on the links and that will put u at stock height, the 2nd hole is 2 inch drop and the 3 hole is 4 inch drop, u got the same kind i got on my zx 6r, thats why they make them adjustable so u won't have to buy another set, if u want to raise it back up when u get ready or lower it

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
u don't need to get another set just move the bolt to the top hole on the links and that will put u at stock height, the 2nd hole is 2 inch drop and the 3 hole is 4 inch drop, u got the same kind i got on my zx 6r, thats why they make them adjustable so u won't have to buy another set, if u want to raise it back up when u get ready or lower it
thanks for the info. i am going to try and adjust it back today. i was looking online and found that out on muzzys website. again i thank you all for the feed back and info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts