Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed after I installed my Muzzy lowering links and set them as low as possible after a few passes ther was some rubbing on my inner fender. I didn't think much of it then yesterday I was talking to Brock Davidson about some mapping and the mod I had on my bike. When he heard that I had the links on it he informed me that his back tire had worn through and Kawi has the wiring harness right under the tool box so once it gets through the fender it tears up the harness causing shorts. I went to the garage and pulled out the tool box, sure enough it was wore through and touching the wire's to my licencs plate light,next thing would have been the main harness! I took the wires for the plugin on the right side of the bike and ran them along side the wires for the left side plugin.( Between the two mounting points for the tool box on the left side of the bike). Then I cut down an old licence plate and dollied it to the shape of the inner fender.(Any piece of tin will do) I placed it on the top side of the inner fender under the seat release and tool box then riveted it into place putting the rivets in from the bottom.I then placed a piece of 1/4 inch sticky on one side foam on top of the tin under the harness then reinstalled the tool box. While I was at it I removed my rear fender assembly and built two small L brackets to mount my licence plate. It looks awesome! Thought this info might be useful. Keep your stick on the ice.:thumbup

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll take some pics tonight and try to learn how to post them over the next couple of days.:headscratch

·
Registered
12 Posts
try tightening up on your rear spring collers, it'll lift your bike a little and may help keep the tire away from the fender.......

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The lowering is for stright line only, or at least my app. is.I strap the front and lower the back about 4 inches.Helps keep her on the ground....I stress the word helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts