Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am a little shorter and got myself a present for my Birth day, that was in July. But I just installed my new lowering link. Only dropped it half an inch but being flat footed makes ne feel better on the bike.

·
Registered
585 Posts
The ZX9R still looks better than most modern bikes.

Get a good slip on and you will be good to go.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree, they are great looking bikes. plus I find it very comfortable to ride,

·
Registered
78 Posts
The ZX9R still looks better than most modern bikes.

Get a good slip on and you will be good to go.
NO DOUBT! I barely have time to ride mine and yet don't want to sell it. It looks better than most modern sportbikes IMO, is definitely more comfortable to ride, and is performance a plenty for me personally. I rode my buddies modern 10R and was really not impressed at all, aside from the suspension/handling. It was more tossable/flickable than my 03 9R, but the gearing was kind of a joke. 100mph in first? You can't even use the powerband on that bike unless you are on the highway doing do-not-pass-go, do-not-collect, head-straight-to-jail speeds.

Does this link lower the rear only or how does it work?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its just the dog bone link that attaches to the bottom of the rear shock. The link only dropped the rear. I lowered the front on the fork tubes also. 10mm on the front forks. I'm shorter and now I sit flat footed and the bike feels so much better.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Interesting. I don't need mine lowered for height as I am already flat foot, but is there a performance advantage from lowering the bike?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, I did not do it to preform better. I am not an agressive rider at all. Just wanted to fit better on the bike.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I dropped it 10mm, like I said I did it so it fits me better. Could have negative results for track use. But I ride it more like a sport tourer. But I am excited to get it out next spring.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dang buddy a foot already where are you at? I'm in South west Michigan and we dont have any yet.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Currently in southern NH. We got a foot overnight a week or so ago and snowed a couple inches again today. Doubt I could pull the 9R out of the garage without dropping it as everything is iced over in typical New England fashion.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts