Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I put vortex lowering links on my wifes 2003 636 and it did not drop it by very much :headscratch I know when her ZX9R was lowered it was slamed but this bike does not seem to drop much. So has anyone lowered one and if so how? I know I can shave the seat but would rather lower the bike

·
Registered
462 Posts
If you used a lowering link you should be able to slide the fork up through the triple clamps to get a little lower, though this will barely affect the seat height, but should be done anyways to return the geometry of the bike as close to the stock configuration as possible. The handling will be affected no matter what you do after putting on the link, this will just return it slightly...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you used a lowering link you should be able to slide the fork up through the triple clamps to get a little lower, though this will barely affect the seat height, but should be done anyways to return the geometry of the bike as close to the stock configuration as possible. The handling will be affected no matter what you do after putting on the link, this will just return it slightly...
Yes and thanks we did that to her ZX9R slamed the rear and the front of the bike, it still was great in corneing. I am just pissed because even on the lowest setting the ZX6RR barley dropped down.

·
Registered
462 Posts
damn... that sucks. sounds like you should have enough experience to judge for yourself wether it's installed correctly so i really can't guess whats goin on. might need a new one, by a different maker. if that doesn't work you can always have on fabbed. not exactly the most intricate piece of metal... maybe a local metal shop or school can help you out. anywhere that can machine a hunk of aluminum...

GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so I am going to have my brother drill out some more holes (he runs a CNC and makes a lot of parts for his stunt bike) so I will see if that works :crazyloco

1 - 5 of 5 Posts