Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just low-slided my bike a little while ago, like 30 minutes ago, at about 40-45mph. This is not my first low side, but i was just wondering how you assess the mechanical and technical damage on the bike. I just glanced over the bike, and checked certain parts and areas like the clutch cover, etc. to see if anything was leaking. There were no leaks, and some scraping done to the fenders on the right side, and the muffler seems to have kinda been pushed in a little closer to the body. I will post pics later, but i was wondering if there was a list of areas you should check out, and how you would check the suspension and chain. If anyone could please give me some advice, etc. I'd be grateful.

-Cloud

·
Registered
379 Posts
Sorry to hear that man, as long as your ok then i guess thats all that counts.

Usually the gear selector side (left side) is the one you have to mostly check if you slide it because the selection rod can be pushed out of line and damage internal stuff. On the right hand side it is usually more cosmetic and the pipe. Just check your header pipes didnt bend funny if the pipe was dragged that is.

Maybe there is more but that is what i have experienced in my riding life

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.