Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I get low on fuel the LOW FUEL light comes on solid and the display flashes "FUEL". I have been noticing that when I have nearly a full tank of gas the LOW FUEL light will come on and flash, which is odd, and the display will flash FUEL and then it will go off. Any ideas why this is happening. Everything seems to be fine otherwise.
2005 zx6r

Jason

·
Registered
5 Posts
you know what, i've been having kinda similar prob. One day my reserve light came on so i pulled over at a shell to filler up. When i was done i turned my bike back on to see not a solid orange reserve light turned off, but a blinking reserve light. Its been like this for 2 tanks now.. im having new tires put on now and my guy is going to see what its all about... ill get back to you with any info he comes back with.

Todd

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Sounds like a sensor issue to me. Maybe loose connection, pinched wire when the tank was reseated, or just a faulty sensor in general.

I haven't had any such issue with my 10R. Keep us posted as to what the problem was/is.

As only one of you has actually listed your ride in your signature... I have to ask... Is this 6R specific? Is that what all of you are riding?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts