Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are a lot of spam posts here, particularly into the ZX-6R section. I report such posts at least once a day. Why only here and not on all the other orums I visit regularly? I know nothing about webmastering but is there some kind of "protection" that could be used here? They're not that bothering to me but they do not belong on this forum. I'm asking simply because the administrators surely have a lot more important things to do with their free time than delete this useless crap.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I'll do. But I was wondering if Beans could simply eliminate spamming at the root instead of deleting the junk everyday.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Daniel, can you do one of those registration systems that require the blurry letter thing and email activation?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Yeah SPAM is as prevalent as ever, on all the forums I am running (not just this one).

I will add that right now, yes, Ozzy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I received a Spam P.M. here directing me to a web page. I'm on about half a dozen boards, and that was a first...:headscratch

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Yeah we have a No Spam Question but they are finding ways around it. It's happening internet-wide and comes with the growth of the forum. I can slow it down, but never will be able to bring it to a complete halt.

Trust me - I cant stand it and am trying to find additional methods to deter it from happening in the first place.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don't worry; it's not that bad. Spammy posts are annoying but quite easy to spot anyway and easy to avoid.

I thought it was very easy to get rid of them permanently; that's why I posted. But if it is not that easy, just don't bother.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I was going to make a post about the prevalence of spam here but i found this thread! whats up with all of the spam here? home office security system?
soma? These exotic ladies want your burrito, and nothing will stop them? pharmacy at lowest prices? The First Step To Curing Acne?!?!?!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I keep replying to them saying somthing smart or telling them to fuck off. Probably don't help but it makes me feel better.Crowd.:rotflmao :crazyloco :mfclap

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think it's automatic posting software so you probably are loosing your time. But if it makes you feel better, well, no problem with me... :eek:)

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Spamming is begining to be really annoying isn't it? Sad but it seem to be totally out of control by now...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts