Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I just don't think the Kawasaki Concours will be out in time for us to enjoy this year. So we are taking delivery of a pair of Yamaha FRJ 1300's next week. Sorry guys...we believe time is to precious to waste waiting. Our thoughts are, if in the next few years the Kawasaki proves to be as great as we think it will be, we can get them then. Good luck to you all who choose to wait. It has been very interesting to read all the view points from around the world.
Thanks, Dewey

·
Registered
368 Posts
Dewey and Stef, I can't blame you for not waiting. Since I already have a two wheel ride, I can manage to tolerate the wait. The FJR1300 was on my original want list and did in fact test ride the AE version. I found the electronic clutch unique and enjoyed playing with the paddle shifter. The seat seamed a bit stiff for me and my wife said she felt more vibration than on my current bike, but it handled well. Personally, I would have looked for a 2006 model, preferring the blue vice maroon color. I hope you enjoy a summer of great riding.

Which one did you buy and why?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We (my wife and I both ride) got the 1300A's. We both prefer to do our own clutch work. Just seems to be more sporting I guess. Maroon or black cherry is the only color those come in and we do like it. Now we are trying to decide how to tell them apart...license plates that say "His" and "Hers"...just kidding.
On a different track. We just got back from 4 days of riding in southern MO. South of Springfield. (Her on her MV 910, me on the R1) I would highly recomend it. Think Disneyland for motorcycles. WOW what a ride.

·
Registered
215 Posts
At my age and state of health time is important to me as I may not have long enough left to wait for the gtr1400. If it comes out while I'm still around I'll ofcourse get one but I have my options open in the mean time....:rolleyes

·
Registered
181 Posts
My friend bought last week new FJR 1300 AS. It's pretty fun to ride with robotized gearbox.

I tested Kawasaki Versys from my another friend, and it's in my garage, because he doesn't have one. What to say; nothing special! Even it has small windshield, wind kills after 120-130 km/h. Gearbox with 6 speed is loud, but precise, acceleration is very good for it's class of bikes. Definitelly lot of bike for just 7.100 euros...

Tommorow I'll take new BMW R 1200 R from local dealer to testing, because I write tests for biggest web-portal in Croatia ( www. motori.hr ). My tests will be combined with redaction of Motorevija (croatian version of Motorrad). Even if I don't like naked bikes, I'm waiting for it very impatiently.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Dewey, I may not be too far behind you. I have an 04 FJR. I hear Larson's in Cambridge has 07 FJR's in stock, or at least that is what he is advertising.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
fossil
I could not be happier with our purchases. Very nice indeed. My wife finds them very easy to ride especially after riding the sport bikes. We tried to get out this last weekend but the weather/wind kind of held things up. We got ours at MotoPrimo in Lakeville. I checked around and Hitching Post in Hopkins and Delano Sports center also had them in stock. Both competive prices. Good luck. Enjoy the summer.
Dewey

·
Registered
52 Posts
If the FJR had six gears and was smooth at highway speeds there would be one in my Garage right now. As it is...................

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
if if if...if Kawasaki would have come out with a bike I would have two of those in my garage right now.... Now there is an IF for you.:banghead
I guess until then we will just have to be happy with our IFjr's

·
Registered
28 Posts
I sold my ST1100 6 months ago (as soon i saw the first GTR1400 photos). Tired of inconclusive informations and stressed for a summer without ride, i just bought a used ST1300 (2003) it is a very good bike and now i can easily wait for the new kawa.
I will buy it if after all the youth problems resolved and if the road tests prove it is a good choice.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hello, 2 months of delay that is not important, there are 400 motor bikes GTR 1400 which arrive to France in June by boat, it arrived no problémes , it is enough sometimes to an hour to acquire a reputation which lasts thousand years (Japanese proverb)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush....
Don't count your chickens before they are hatched...

·
Registered
28 Posts
I believe folks in central Europe countrys as France, Germany and Holand will receive the first units next July but with the Portuguese Kawasaki reputation i doubt if we have them next December :banghead so i made the right choice and bought a used ST1300.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I Rui Loureiro. I also have a STX1300 since 2005. I'm also waitting for the new GTR 1400. But with this bike, I will only buy GTR after a few months and a well done test-ride. If the bike has the power, looks and confort that I hope, no doubt I will sell my bed if necessary...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi, Pedro Gordo
As my indestructible and reliable 15 years old st1100 sold recently, the st1300 seems to be a good option however as you i still miss the 4 in line engine sound...

We must take special care with the kawasaki Portuguese representative, everybody says they have a very nasty service, people wait months for parts... if it is true i will keep the honda.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well, they just lost another potential buyer~ Was eyeing the 14, but considering the GTR for comfort reasons... 14's not bad for comfort, and they just priced the GTR here... they're being advertised an extra NT$100,000 more than the 14... (US$3000)

Sorry Kwak.. was a good looking bike and I WAS interested.. but at that price.... forget it~ Guess now it'll either be 14, Z or FZ1...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dewey:

I got tired of waiting for the C-14 to come out so I traded my 04 FJR for an 07 FJR. I may look at the C-14 in a couple of years after the first model year bugs get worked out, and Kawi may see fit to increase the fuel capacity.

IMHO, Kawi has shot themselves in the foot by releasing bits and pieces of specs for the bike and not being able to deliver it. Lots of pictures, but lets see the real thing at the dealerships.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hi everyone. New to this forum but had to jump in with both feet. I ordered my C14 two days ago for delivery in September. Listed my 05 Connie for sale the same day. Call me a dreamer but I think the new model will live up to the hype. I'll let you know in three months.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am sure you will nt be disapointed. I picked up my Concourse 14 yesterday. First impressions are great. Will let you know more as I get more miles on it.:mfclap

1 - 20 of 23 Posts