Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having D.t.'s. Because the state of South Carolina swears that I ran from one of their troopers, They took my bike. I am left with nothing but the sounds of 4 into one's in the beach breeze reminding me daily of this. Just because I rode a red '86 1000r with a loud pipe I was mistaken for someone else. The trooper was riding a BMW 1300. Not that this trooper or the bike he was navigating would have caught me. I was pulled over by a Surfside beach, SC patrolman who was apparrentally pulling every red bike in the chase vicinity. Needless to say I was arrested on my way to work tottaly unaware of the previous encounter the trooper was apperrently smoked on and my bike was impounded at an outragouse(excuse my spelling)tow fee(purposelly i am guessing. Just wanted to share with everyone. If it was me do you think I would admit to it? Oh well... I can always find another one of my favorite bikes that can do the same. Even if it isn't as ungodly fast as my last. P.S.... They never proved it was me....

·
Premium Member
15,095 Posts
How much would it cost to get your bike back?

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Fuck yeah, take it to court. They can't prove they have the right guy = you get your shit back plus money for your time.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bikeless

By the time I got out of jail, which I was only there 1 day the fee was 917.00. I got lucky when I found the bike and only paid 1,700.00 for it. The bike i found was in a garage in New Hampshire. It just makes me sick. The odometer read 21,000 or so when it was taken. 1,200.00 is what they wanted to get it back from the tow company after 3 days. I feel as if I was ROBBED by the state, and the tow company(CAHOOTS).

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
You were, get a lawyer and fight that shit. They have to prove it was you they were after and not someone else. If they were just stopping random ass people who looked right, then that means they aint got shit.

Either that or it was you and you got busted.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You were, get a lawyer and fight that shit. They have to prove it was you they were after and not someone else. If they were just stopping random ass people who looked right, then that means they aint got shit.

That's what I told the trooper, man. My response from him was -- Oh, same black shoe's and same helmet. My helmet has eight colors. I have asked my self the same question a thousand times, but at this point I can't afford to lose any more money that can buy me another '86 zx1000rx. I know it will be hard to find as good, or as prestine a bike again. But it looks like(at this point) I have been fu*&$#.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
And you are stuck with a fucked up record because of it.

Which will cost you a lot more money in the long run.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
And for that matter any lawyer worth his money will at least offer a free few minutes of his time to go over it, and he can tell you whether or not you have a case.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Respect

And for that matter any lawyer worth his money will at least offer a free few minutes of his time to go over it, and he can tell you whether or not you have a case.
Thank you for the replies. Not to bore you, Me and Damon Bradshaw raced in distict 29 (AMA). Not that this means a damned thing but your advice reminded me of when he used to give me tips of areas on the track. Thanks brother. Seriously. Look him up, ask him if he knows me, THANKS MAN ...... But I still want my zx1000r back. I will prevail!!!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bikeless

Man, They wanted 1,200.00 after 3 days. I think by now, my bike is gone. I am supporting me and my wife. I feel lucky I had the money in savings to get me out of the clink. Thanks for the reply. Let me know if you find a '86 1000A-1 for sale, because I can't wait on any state to let me know whether I will get my bike . I have the technology I CAN REBUILD IT!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts
+1

You should definitely seek a (good) lawyer. If he believes you have a case, you can also sue for your attorney fees or work something out with the lawyer so that you pay nothing unless you collect. Even then he can be paid from whatever proceeds you receive so it will cost you nothing out of pocket.

·
Registered
35 Posts
+1

You should definitely seek a (good) lawyer. If he believes you have a case, you can also sue for your attorney fees or work something out with the lawyer so that you pay nothing unless you collect. Even then he can be paid from whatever proceeds you receive so it will cost you nothing out of pocket.
def guy dont give up on your bike yet get a good lawyer and you can recoup even your bail money and get the bike back.

·
Registered
919 Posts
You should sue the towing company on the basis of ridicules fees and essentially theft of your property. I can understand $100 or $150 but $1,200?? Sue the scum!!!!!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Get a lawyer. Write everything down with as much detail as you can. Right up til your arrest. The route you rode, the weather, who you saw and their statement with name, address & phone number. Your conversation with the cop, as best you remember, til you were arrested. That cop will have his report come court time, you best have a better one. The cop may get sloppy thinking you're just a dumb kid.

·
Premium Member
4,944 Posts
Get your shit, get a lawyer and sue their asses for profiling or something lol
Fuck yeah, take it to court. They can't prove they have the right guy = you get your shit back plus money for your time.

And you are stuck with a fucked up record because of it.

Which will cost you a lot more money in the long run.
+1

Get a lawyer. Write everything down with as much detail as you can. Right up til your arrest. The route you rode, the weather, who you saw and their statement with name, address & phone number. Your conversation with the cop, as best you remember, til you were arrested. That cop will have his report come court time, you best have a better one. The cop may get sloppy thinking you're just a dumb kid.
FUCK their dumbasses.

I lived with a guy a long time ago, he took MY bike for a ride when I got back. I had been hauling some ass, though when I got home and the time he rode was like a 30 minute interval............anyhow, he got on and went for a ride, they pulled him and did the same shit, though the funny thing was there was no "chase". Hell I didn't even know they were there!

They followed him home, we had a "confrontation"...........and I said, so exactly what were the criteria you used to pull my friend over, they said "Black Motorcycle and Black Helmet." I laughed..........and they said why are you laughing........I said if that's what you have, you have SHIT, get outta my yard and leave my friend alone who JUST took my bike for a ride not 10 minutes ago. My friend got a ticket, we took 'em to court and it was dismissed.

Oh and this was in Columbia, SC ..............get a lawyer and get on with it. They have NOTHING ON YOU. Once they lose visual and have NO TAG NUMBER TO BOOT, your free and innocent!!! If all they have is shoes or whatever, that's BULLSHIT. Don't give up so easily, there ARE lawyers down there who WILL take your case!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Is there hope?

FUCK their dumbasses.

I lived with a guy a long time ago, he took MY bike for a ride when I got back. I had been hauling some ass, though when I got home and the time he rode was like a 30 minute interval............anyhow, he got on and went for a ride, they pulled him and did the same shit, though the funny thing was there was no "chase". Hell I didn't even know they were there!

They followed him home, we had a "confrontation"...........and I said, so exactly what were the criteria you used to pull my friend over, they said "Black Motorcycle and Black Helmet." I laughed..........and they said why are you laughing........I said if that's what you have, you have SHIT, get outta my yard and leave my friend alone who JUST took my bike for a ride not 10 minutes ago. My friend got a ticket, we took 'em to court and it was dismissed.

Oh and this was in Columbia, SC ..............get a lawyer and get on with it. They have NOTHING ON YOU. Once they lose visual and have NO TAG NUMBER TO BOOT, your free and innocent!!! If all they have is shoes or whatever, that's BULLSHIT. Don't give up so easily, there ARE lawyers down there who WILL take your case!
I have been nothing but pissed, man. I have not been charged for anything by the state. Do you really think that I have a case? Is there hope to get my baby back?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I hear ya!!!!!!!!!

def guy dont give up on your bike yet get a good lawyer and you can recoup even your bail money and get the bike back.
I bought my bike from a guy in NH. Thanks for the encouragement. I will definatelly try to get my 1rst gen back.................

1 - 20 of 29 Posts