Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks back I noticed I had very little fluid in my clutch reservoir. Odd but I topped it up and moved on. Last week I noticed the same thing had happened again. This time bleed the system cheched the return valve hole was clear refilled and cleaned all the lines and around both cylinders.

This morning no fluid again :banghead ran a white cloth over all the surfaces to see where a leak maybe ... nothing.

Any ideas where my fluid is going to?

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Should add all through this the clutch has worked perfectly.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
It could leak at the slave cylinder which is located about above the front sprocket. Remove the sprocket cover and you'll see what I mean.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sweet thanks Claude I'll take a look

·
Registered
396 Posts
That's what I was thinking. The slave cyl. is leaking inside the cover. The 1 I just bought is doing the same thing. I have the paint pealing up a bit by where the slave cyl. and the cover meet. Will a ZRX1100 slave cyl. work? They both have the same engine bottom end.

·
Registered
203 Posts
A few weeks back I noticed I had very little fluid in my clutch reservoir. Odd but I topped it up and moved on. Last week I noticed the same thing had happened again. This time bleed the system cheched the return valve hole was clear refilled and cleaned all the lines and around both cylinders.

This morning no fluid again :banghead ran a white cloth over all the surfaces to see where a leak maybe ... nothing.

Any ideas where my fluid is going to?
I had the same thing happen my 1998 ZX-11. I was leaking from the slave cylinder. I really could'nt see anything leak. My guess it was dripping down onto the drive chain. I removed the slave cylinder and confirmed the leak. So I replaced it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts