Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
I have a 2000 zx9r. I had to take the rear fairings off to remove the CDI. I think the rear has been changed from stock because it's got tiny indicators built in. As I was taking it apart I undid one bolt to many and the fairings came off quicker than expected. There are 3 pieces of polystyrene that must go in between the fairings and frame to secure them. Does anybody know where they go exactly because the back fairing is wobbly with how I have them positioned at the moment.
Thanks very much!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I'll have to take some in the week to try and show people. I think one of my old bikes had them dotted about to stop moving.

·
Registered
22 Posts
From Memor of my old ZX9R C1 and various other Kawasakis of that age, there shouldn't be any polystyrene. They don't appear on the parts list.

Sounds like a bit of a bodge.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I just had a look on Fowlers at the exploded diagrams and I can confirm it's definitely a bodge. It's not been done badly I'm just not keen on the tiny indicators at the back haha. I guess I'll just have to keep wedging them in until it stops wobbling! Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts