Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
I dont think anybody here other then you and a few die hards are still running the Dynojet Kits...... The Silent Minority perhaps? They r the only ones I know of who advocate the barbaric practice of drilling the slides, thats sooooo 1982 :) . When done right, like the Factory Pro Kits are, drilling the slides is no longer required. FP uses a new Spring that handles what drilling the slides is supposed to do & also supplies a new Jet Needle that is slimmer & tapered differently which enriches the off idle "hang" & eliminates it completely.

So, WTF is our OP..... did you rebuild the carbs? Issue resolved? WHAT??

·
Registered
3 Posts
I learned several years ago (10ish) all about a hanging or increasing idle. Several people have mentioned the jets. I had to hand jet (wire drill) the mains to get a 95(?) Suzuki GS 500 to behave nicely. It worked. It was a perfect learning experience for a motorcycle that had a poor history with this symptom.

My old GS1000 engine had an issue with erratic or hanging idle. I discovered that the rail operated slide bores weren't all timed correctly. I have a write up about that in GSResources... ? I think. Checking sync is recommended.

Fuel gauge symptom - look at the sending unit in the tank. They gum up and dumb up. I've yet to find one but I've never checked new. I removed the gauge for a volt meter. I have a working petcock w/reserve :cool:

21 - 22 of 22 Posts