Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I'm looking to buy a ZX10R (WHAT AN ANIMAL!!!:crazyloco )

At the moment i ride a ZX2R (250cc, you can buy them here in Australia)

But, i don't know if i should go for the newer model the 2006/07 or the older 2004/2005.

I really like the older style 2005 exhaust how its on the side as opposed to the underneath.
I also know that the ZX10R won Masterbike 2004 and 2005.

But what about performance wise, what would you guys recommend?

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
i like my 06, the 06 07 have undertail exhaust, i love the clean look

·
Registered
437 Posts
The 04/05 model is a lot rawer than the 06/07, if i was going from a 250 i would look at the 06/07 model for less head shake and stability

·
Registered
526 Posts
From a 2 to a 10, thats quite a jump isn't it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is a big jump i understand that, but its as powerful as you give it. I'm no rossi-wannabe so i know i'll be sensible (i have been with my 250)

·
Registered
103 Posts
I went from my 07 6r to the 07 10r and wow what a huge difference....i can only image goin from a 2r to a 10r would be like ^.^

·
Registered
526 Posts
got pics of ur 2?

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
i went from no bike at all to a gsxr 750 2 yrs ago, and then 3 months later to a 06 10r and cbr 1000rr(both new). Im fine, u have to respeck the bike, use common sense and control the wrist on the throttle.

·
Registered
80 Posts
06-07's are much easier to control, throttle wise. i can do a pretty quick roll on in 1st and 2nd with my 06, and the front is stable and it doesn't wanna shoot to the sky. plus, it comes with a stablizer. not a great one, but for street riding, it's MUCH better than nothing. i have nothing but good things to say for my 06, so i maaayyyy be a little bias. either way you go, i'm sure you won't be dissapointed.

·
Registered
288 Posts
go with the 06. i know a couple of guys who brought their 06 9500.00 the other about 10,500. i got mine new in 06 for 12,000 out the door. you can get a whole lot of bike at a discount.

·
Registered
653 Posts
If I was you I would be quick and go and get a new 07 before they bring out the new 08 (which looks like a cross between a half ***** jelly bean and Kermit the frog on ice). It's alot more forgiving than the 04/05 and if you pick it up for a good price you will hold resale value across the next couple of years.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hey guys,
I'm looking to buy a ZX10R (WHAT AN ANIMAL!!!:crazyloco )

At the moment i ride a ZX2R (250cc, you can buy them here in Australia)

But, i don't know if i should go for the newer model the 2006/07 or the older 2004/2005.

I really like the older style 2005 exhaust how its on the side as opposed to the underneath.
I also know that the ZX10R won Masterbike 2004 and 2005.

But what about performance wise, what would you guys recommend?
Are you going to use it for street riding or track (course or drag)? If you're going to use it mainly for street then performance figures are insignificant (even between different manufacturers) since you're not going to able use the bike's full potential on the street, unless illegally or you have a death wish. It also sounds you have the funds for an '07. I would go for the newer model for better re-sale value, warranty coverage and unless you know the previous owner(s) of a used one...better piece of mind knowing the bike wasn't abused to hell.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts