Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey zx6 guys I dont have a zx6 but I have a red 08 650r and this is my 1st bike. I am thinking about led's and a slip on to start off, what color lights do you think would look nice? Im thinking red but im not really sure. Also do u guys have a slip on preferance, i know its all opinion but id like to hear youre opinions, and lastly the rear fender has already been eliminated, is there any other first mods you guys would do? im not really looking for performance mods yet. Maybe next year.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
red is pretty much illegal to have on the road in every state unless it is rear facing. As is blue.

So even if they allow accessory lighting like that on the roads, you can get ticketed for those colors.

If its purely for parking lot showing off, then you can do whatever you want.

·
Registered
89 Posts
In most places red is allowed on the rear and sides of a vehicle, but not on the front as it looks like tail lights/ brake lights, and it cannot flash as it looks like an ambulance

Blue is usually allowed, but is not allowed to flash, because that is considered impersonating a police officer.

Look into state and local laws before putting lights on the bike, and maybe print them off and carry them with you in case you run into a dickhead cop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts