Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I just bought and 07 zx6r and i love it. The only problem i have is that it has now low end. what can be done to get a little more out of it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I guess maybe a pcIII might do it? I've known that the 07 zxr has a very weak low end torque and is designed for mid and upper band high rev.

Been reading about an ECU hack that's relatively hassle free on the older 636....don't know if the 07 has the same wire setup, worth taking a look.

What color is da new ninja? I'm in love with my red one. =)

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I thought the mod was only on the 05... and this would only get you more top end hp... around 12k rpms and up.

As far as torque at the bottom end... sprockets would be the easy (and by easy, I mean cheapest in time and money) to accomplish.

Just be careful what you do.. remember that by changing the ratio, you will gain, but you will also lose, because you have to give up something.

If you try to gain more torque, you will lost top end. Likewise vice versa.

I would suggest that if you just want a little more snap light to light... dropping one tooth in the front might be the way to go... 2 is insane for torque and generally lose way to much TE.

Example: 2007 ZX7R... dropped 2 teeth off of the front sprocket.
Before Mod: Top speed was approximately 280 kph.
After Mod: Top speed was 216 kph at the rev limiter in 6th.
Light to light: noticeable faster, and the front end would actually lighten up, which is not easy on a boat anchor like a 7r.

Just remember that 1 tooth down in the front, is essentially equal to 3 up in the back. So if you wanted to... bigger rear sprocket would be required... and you just have to do the math. 1 tooth increments at a time in the back may allow you to gradually increase torque, without compromising too much top end...

Hope that helps... outside of that... there is the other options of TRE's, PCIII power commanders, etc... there is a host of things you can do. Re: the post... before you make your bike faster... alter your riding and be a better rider. Some valid points in there.

Other than that... I must again concur with ShortCircuit... Grip it and Rip it!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Swoosh he said throttle mod, not jumper mod. The throttle mod involves using a zip-tie to make the effective circumference over which the throttle turns smaller, thus more responsive.

Go to a 45 tooth rear and you'll be good to go. And once you change the sprockets you'll need a Speedohealer. Pashnit's got a group buy on them right now, $15 off regular price.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Don't know wether you could apply this to your bike coz i don't own one... Do your bike have secondary throttle butterflies? If yes, then take it out... you'll have immediate low end power... just my 2 cents....

·
Registered
17 Posts
just run high rpm s you got 16000 use em i say. if you wanting to do wheelies or just get up to speed quick just use your gears and rpm s and you shouldnt have to change anything. also you can just change the sprocket and that will put your low end right up there.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Who? Do you have a link?
Pashnit.com

They also have high-end covers from Geza Gear, Autocom bike to bike communicators, GI Pro gear indicators (not needed for the 07 6R of course) and the Cyclepump.

I purchased a Speedohealer and a Pro-Plus series Geza cover.

The first shipment of Speedohealers is supposed to go out on MONDAY 25 JUNE so if you want yours get in now. Otherwise it might be a few weeks.

The group buys listed above are good until the end of JUNE only.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I thought the mod was only on the 05... and this would only get you more top end hp... around 12k rpms and up.

As far as torque at the bottom end... sprockets would be the easy (and by easy, I mean cheapest in time and money) to accomplish.

Just be careful what you do.. remember that by changing the ratio, you will gain, but you will also lose, because you have to give up something.

If you try to gain more torque, you will lost top end. Likewise vice versa.

I would suggest that if you just want a little more snap light to light... dropping one tooth in the front might be the way to go... 2 is insane for torque and generally lose way to much TE.

Example: 2007 ZX7R... dropped 2 teeth off of the front sprocket.
Before Mod: Top speed was approximately 280 kph.
After Mod: Top speed was 216 kph at the rev limiter in 6th.
Light to light: noticeable faster, and the front end would actually lighten up, which is not easy on a boat anchor like a 7r.

Just remember that 1 tooth down in the front, is essentially equal to 3 up in the back. So if you wanted to... bigger rear sprocket would be required... and you just have to do the math. 1 tooth increments at a time in the back may allow you to gradually increase torque, without compromising too much top end...

Hope that helps... outside of that... there is the other options of TRE's, PCIII power commanders, etc... there is a host of things you can do. Re: the post... before you make your bike faster... alter your riding and be a better rider. Some valid points in there.

Other than that... I must again concur with ShortCircuit... Grip it and Rip it!

+1

i have to ask, what is the purpose for your low end power? are you planning on tracking your bike at all or just keepin' it on the street?

·
Registered
29 Posts
key for more low end is....... extra 37cc's :D :D i love my o5.
Used to have the exact same bike. Plasma Blue 636. Have to say it was an awesome machine, and yes, definitely quite a bit more bottom end than a 600. Had a few friends riding 600RR's and R6's and they couldnt stay with me through the bottom and midrange, and by the time they started making power, I was already too far ahead for them to hope to catch up. The old hotrodders saying proves true here as well: Theres no replacement for displacement!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts