Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to know if anyone in Canada (Preferred) or in the Continental USA has a complete ZX11 Transmission they would like to sell. I just bought me ZX and the 2nd gear is starting to slip. Thanks for helping.
Steve Watson

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't had a chance to price out the shift forks or drum or gears yet. Like Claude said, after 93 the tranny bits are not interchangeable, BUT a whole tranny from a newer year, just pops in (apparently). So, that's why i'm looking for a complete tranny probably from a front-ender, irrepairable bike.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think the only differance in the tranny's is the length of the c/shaft. The "D" models are longer so that they use the flat sprocket as opposed to the "dished" one on the "C" models. All you have to do is get the correct sprocket then.
I have 2 complete transmissions!!!! One I know is for a "C" and the other I have to check.
Let me know if you still need it.
Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think the only differance in the tranny's is the length of the c/shaft. The "D" models are longer so that they use the flat sprocket as opposed to the "dished" one on the "C" models. All you have to do is get the correct sprocket then.
I have 2 complete transmissions!!!! One I know is for a "C" and the other I have to check.
Let me know if you still need it.
Thanks
Chris
Hi Chris, Steve Watson here. You didn't reply. Are both transmissions in good shape? How much do you want for either?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts