Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like written above, I'm looking for a complete engine from a ZX-11D or maybe from a ZZ-R1200. However, this type of engine is pretty hard to find in Quebec so I need to widen my field of search. I am also looking in the USA (E-Bay and 3~4 more motorcycle forums where I'm a regular member) but because of heavy canadian taxes and custom fees, I would prefer to find in Canada.

My preference would be for a ZX-11 engine in perfect working order, with low kms being a plus but I could consider others. If you have such an engine, knows someone that have one or know a place where there is one or have any suggestions of where I could call/e-mail to ask, please let me know. Thanks you very much!! Regards,

Claude
zxclaude(at)yahoo(dot)com

NOTE: If it can help me, I don't need starter, alternator, carbs, airbox or ignition

·
Registered
32 Posts
Claude, Found this digging around on the net. Maybe worth it maybe not but...

Full race Kawasaki 1000cc engine, built by Nelson Engines in Atlanta.Engine located at Nelson's.
$3500.00 661 340 0123.

David Arken
(6/9/06 10:41 am)
Reply Re: Kawasaki race engine
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What year model is the engine?

Reg Thurley
Unregistered User
(6/9/06 5:17 pm)
Reply Kawasaki Race Engine
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
David,
It was a 2000 ZX11, has sleeve and piston kit from Powertec and was built by Nelson for us to run the season of Regionals and National and not be a grenade. Sam will provide anyone interested with the full details, it is as new and I will take offers.

Reg

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks but I want an engine that have not been modified to use in a car. Too hard to retrofit it in a motorcycle frame (oil cooler and radiator fittings among others) and racing in a car is quite hard on the tranny. But thanks anyway.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Claude, New zx 1100 engine call LeRoy Nelson 763-444-4804

Another Zx engine just went on Craigslist here in Minn. Spendy but he may take offers. How far from international Falls are you? If you cross the border I could meet you there with it if you buy it. Erik.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
$3500 for an engine!!! Geez, I can find a complete running and nice whole ZX-11 here for less than 3500 CANADIAN dollars... But thanks anyway for the information.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts