Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
92 zx1100. anyone have, or know where i can get a decent used turbo kit for my bike. looking for the blow through carb setup, but a fuel injection conversion could be done i guess. i found the kits brand new for around 4500, but let face it, i dont have that kind of money to be spending on what is already a luxury to have.

·
Registered
561 Posts
im not sure....but maybe some of the turbo guys over at zrxoa.org turbo forum have one....acouple of the guys built kits....could have a used one thats not too much to convert to the zx11 setup

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a turbo kit, hilborn fuel injection, accel dfi controler, msd ignition system, plig and play wiring harness and all the plumming. Turbo adjustable from 5 to 30 psi

Sent from my N860 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a turbo kit, hilborn fuel injection, accel dfi controler, msd ignition system, plig and play wiring harness and all the plumming. Turbo adjustable from 5 to 30 psi

your my dude. how much you want for all of it, how old is everything, and is anything broken or in "should be replaced" condition? pics?

·
Registered
937 Posts
92 zx1100. anyone have, or know where i can get a decent used turbo kit for my bike. looking for the blow through carb setup, but a fuel injection conversion could be done i guess. i found the kits brand new for around 4500, but let face it, i dont have that kind of money to be spending on what is already a luxury to have.
Make sure your low mileage. A blown engine is a dead ZX-11. FWIW, unless you want to build a drag bike, if you like brisk riding, the best ZX-11 mod is a Race Tech suspension. The '11 is still one of the fastest bikes, has a great engine, transmission and chassis. But its suspension wasn't ever up to the standard of the rest of the bike. A RT set up is a high performance necessity and its a lot less money then a turbo kit and will make your bike a lot faster then it is now.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Make sure your low mileage. A blown engine is a dead ZX-11. FWIW, unless you want to build a drag bike, if you like brisk riding, the best ZX-11 mod is a Race Tech suspension. The '11 is still one of the fastest bikes, has a great engine, transmission and chassis. But its suspension wasn't ever up to the standard of the rest of the bike. A RT set up is a high performance necessity and its a lot less money then a turbo kit and will make your bike a lot faster then it is now.
Agree. Do you really need more power than the ZX11 delivers ??, to use when and where ??

·
Registered
561 Posts
the power is "ok"....but nothing beats pulling a power wheelie at 100mph just by rolling on the throttle,after getting on the on ramp, and hitting full boost.....thats power :smile

and if you have to ask "why"...don't click on threads like these,or leave comments, in the future please :smile

·
Registered
25 Posts
All of the stuff is like new. I put it on my bike and ran it around the block a couple times. I have over 6k invested in all the stuff. Email me at [email protected] for pictures

·
Registered
25 Posts
You can make an offer after you see the pictures. I know im going to lose money but i Need to sell to fund other projects.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Agree. Do you really need more power than the ZX11 delivers ??, to use when and where ??
Well let's see. Stock Busa, 155whp, stock zx14, 170ish whp, stock 2012 BMW 1000, 190ish whp, stock zx1100, 120ish whp. Turbo zx1100, 200+whp depending on tune. Sooo......YES I want more power to use wherever and whenever.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I can never fault a horsepower junkie as I was one for a long time and still believe"too much is just enough".
The Mr Turbo website states 180 hp at 8lbs boost and then of course the hp numbers go up from there with more boost. If you are on a budget as you implied(arent we all) you may want to consider if the stock,worn or just old bottom end can handle that.

·
Registered
363 Posts
There was no need to respond in this way:

moko said:
and if you have to ask "why"...don't click on threads like these,or leave comments, in the future please :smile
Saying:

moko said:
nothing beats pulling a power wheelie at 100mph just by rolling on the throttle
would have been sufficient.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Well let's see. Stock Busa, 155whp, stock zx14, 170ish whp, stock 2012 BMW 1000, 190ish whp, stock zx1100, 120ish whp. Turbo zx1100, 200+whp depending on tune. Sooo......YES I want more power to use wherever and whenever.
Ok, but do you have roads where you can use that power ?, I mean roads without police radars ? (I'm curious about it)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, but do you have roads where you can use that power ?, I mean roads without police radars ? (I'm curious about it)
i live in SWFL. long, straight, wide, 3 lane roads are the only roads we have. and only a few places(that i dont go to anyway) that have speed cameras.

·
Registered
937 Posts
YOo EJMESQ hows that suspension help the zx get more? And off hand how much was it? I'll look it up either way!
The Race Tech suspension will give the '11 awesome handling and in the twisties and corners the bike will go faster, because it will handle significantly better. On a straight slab it would make no difference in a suspension change; it all depends on what use the bike is put to.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The Race Tech suspension will give the '11 awesome handling and in the twisties and corners the bike will go faster, because it will handle significantly better. On a straight slab it would make no difference in a suspension change; it all depends on what use the bike is put to.

Thanks for the reply man! Yeah well here in NY handling goes a long way with some added torque! Our straights never are flat and smooth haha, so I've already looked into getting them!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts