Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys have experience with changing a salvaged title to a rebuilt title? How much work and $$ was it? There is a "nice" zx10 at the dealer where i got my zx6r. I say nice because the plastics are all new, which means it was wrecked and they made it look pretty for resale.

Gonna go look at it tomorrow. Gonna check the frame and rims look for signs of a bad wreck. I know sometime insurance companies total them out for no good reason. But i believe in Arkansas you cant drive a salvaged vehicle, and dont want to get stuck without a bike for the season.

Thanks

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So state farm will insure. Now to look at it and see how bad it is.

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I called and he says it is a rebuilt title. Thought there was a difference. Maybe they really don't know. Gonna call again tomorrow when I got more free time. Try to figure it out, he says the frame is good

·
Registered
934 Posts
Salvage or Rebuilt title is the same thing as far as I know. If the frame is straight, mechanics ok, and plastics replaced I would get it if the price is right. Remember a salvage or rebuilt title bike will never fetch full book value. You have factor in at least 25% less if not more. I would approach with caution but would not necessarily be a deal breaker.

·
Registered
847 Posts
sometimes there are issues with DMV regarding the titling and registration of salvage-title bikes. Check with your state before your wallet comes out...

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Think I'm backing off of it. Really Wanted it, but the dealer has "no info" on why it was totaled. Plus it's over two hours to drive just to look at it. Guess I'll keep the six for a little longer.

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's good to get titled. But he kept saying he wasn't sure why it had been totaled out. Really didn't want to give up my bike for something that could be a pile of junk. I'm not finished with my zx6 either. Still love it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts