Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up! im new here and i just bought an 05 zx6r last saturday with only 2900 miles on it. my friend is now looking at a similar bike. it is an 05 with 10500 miles on it. i am a little hesitant on the mileage and was wondering if there was anything in particuclar i should look for problem wise. any advice would be great.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My 05 has about 13k on it and a friend of mine has an 05 with 20k+ they are both still going strong.

Don't be too concerned with how many miles are on the bike, be more concerned about how it was taken care of. Ask for service history.

The only problem Kawis tend to have is that cam chain tensioner goes bad.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats good to hear. i actually know the kid who has the bike up for sale. i dont think he rode it to hard. im going to make sure i give the bike a test ride first and go through all the gears just to make sure its not makin any sounds.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I wouldn't be too worried about mileage. One of the riders near me had an 05 with 60,000km on it when it got stolen.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I put up a post awhile back in the buying section about what to look for when buying a used bike. I will bump the post back to the top so you can find it easier.

Look over all these things before purchasing... may save you $$$ in the long run.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
+1, swoosh that was a good post

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I put up a post awhile back in the buying section about what to look for when buying a used bike. I will bump the post back to the top so you can find it easier.

thanks i would like to check that out

1 - 7 of 7 Posts