Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Check out The Whistler Group. Their site is a little funky and old fashioned. However, their product is top notch. I had the "Whistler Cruisder" on my ZX-14. It is a motorcycle specific radar system.

Best part about it, is the small LED light you mount in your helmet and flashes when you get a signal. Which causes you to look down at your radar detector and see what the threat is. Without that LED light, you'd never notice a radar detector going off.

This unit saved me and my buddies AT LEAST a half-dozen tickets in the 3 months or so I used it on my 14 (I no longer ride road).

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
i want to look into one of those

·
Registered
90 Posts
I think those things are useless. They get you when they want to. I m not so sure of all the new technology but can't they just catch you with laser no matter what? What good is it going off after the cop got the laser on you already? The only thing I used in my truck that really saved me from getting tickets was a CB. May be I just live in the wrong area, with so much traffic due to population and so many cops.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I think those things are useless. They get you when they want to. I m not so sure of all the new technology but can't they just catch you with laser no matter what? What good is it going off after the cop got the laser on you already? The only thing I used in my truck that really saved me from getting tickets was a CB. May be I just live in the wrong area, with so much traffic due to population and so many cops.
Which things? The entire radar/laser systems? Or just laser detectors?

If you mean radar detectors in general, I have to disagree. I know from personal experience to have saved myself and buddies at least a half dozen tickets (including federal park tickets, and those aint no joke and easily run $500 or more per violation).

However, I agree with you a bit on the laser. The technology surrounding the laser is a bit suspect. However, the unit I had was not only a laser detector, but also a laser diffuser. That is, it scattered the reflection of the laser beam's return signal. Does it work? No clue. Never got hit with a laser clocking system.

Fact is, MOST cops and feds in my neck of the woods (Southern Nevada, Southern California, Northern Arizona, Southern Utah) use Ka band radar clocks. And when you see a Ka warning on your detector SLOW DOWN. It's no supermarket auto front door... it's a cop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts