Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a friend and i tried to start a neglected zx6 that hasn't been ridden in a couple of years, the owner started it last week but now has a dead battery...and i am not buying without a test drive despite its reduced price and low mileage...so have to wait for a battery

the zx6 is the slower, heavier older version of the zx6r...despite this, my buddy sez his zx6 is quite a jump from his 250...good handling despite its heftiness...more comfort and smooth power

now, i am a small guy but i can manhandle my little 250...its light weight and nimbleness make it a hoot in the switchbacks

i just need some more opinions on the zx6, good or bad

·
Registered
103 Posts
I learned on a 99 ZX6. It was a great bike to learn on. Very comfy compared to my 07 zx6r and handles decent. It has a nice punch to it as well. My only prob was it had an aftermarket exhaust and im pretty sure it wasnt jetted. Had a lot of idle issues. Only had it for about a monthbefore i sold it and got my zx6r.

If you know how to ride already i would buy an older ZX6r, like 01-02 are pretty decent or take a step up to Fuel injected and get an 03 for decently cheap. The zx6 wont be as nice as the R edition and you will bore of it quickly like i did.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply KB...this particular zx6 is completely stock so hopefully there are no carburetor issues, but then again it has been sitting outdoors for the last 2 years

anybody else want to add their 2 cents?

·
Registered
379 Posts
thanks for the reply KB...this particular zx6 is completely stock so hopefully there are no carburetor issues, but then again it has been sitting outdoors for the last 2 years

anybody else want to add their 2 cents?
Firstly, i would like to know where this person is that does not keep the bike inside for two years and does not ride it. i want to bludgen him to death with a spoon. :banghead :rant :rant

Secondly, dont take a bike thats been standing so long unless you looking to almost rebuild that motor. Most seals and bearings and things like that will be shot to shit if that thing has not been run in that long.:banghead

·
Registered
526 Posts
ya what he said, i wouldnt trust a bike thats been sittin out in the weather and climate for 2 years, think about it, heat, rain, cold, that can do things to a bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts