Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought some frame sliders , but im not sure where to put them on , anyone have pictures with the lockhart frame sliders . I tried the seach section but didnt find nothing on these.

·
Registered
60 Posts
hey yeah i just bought some and installed them today on the 06...ummm they are pretty weird to install. take off the fairings on both sides and line up the support points and then follow the end of the metal brace until you see it line up with a bolt. unscrew the right side bolt and then put your fairings back on. note~ dont put the actual slider on till you have your fairings back into place because it might cause your plastics to flex too much. the left side you have to unscrew the coolant reservoir and the bolt is behind it. again dont put on the sliders until the fairings and brackets are both snug and installed. hope this helps...

·
Registered
366 Posts
They shouldn't relocate the coolant tank. When I put mine on, I just took out the upper bolt and swung it to the side when installing. Once installed though, you can swing it back into place and rebolt. It is a tight squeeze however. The bigger PITA is getting off the lower fairings. On my second ZX10R (Read "Crash - Tires are slick" string) I just removed the large fairing bolts and the dash bolts and got in there with a thin socket wrench. I would u/l pictures, but my bike is with the estimator (Read "Crash - Gravel on road!")

1 - 14 of 14 Posts