Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know whats happening in your neck of the woods, but over the last 6 months we have lost three motorcycle shops in the area. Two of them long time Kawasaki shops, and one a very huge multi-brand shop...

I wonder if Kawasaki is consolidating some of their dealerships, and for sure the ecomony has played a factor as well...

Shit, I can find any place around that carries my oil!!

·
sénior BBQ Master
22,270 Posts
One month after my service contract expired the shop I bought the 10 at closed. The economy is picking up, but being a mostly toy/hobby based industry is rough in a bad economy.

·
Administrator
58,646 Posts
Our largest bike shop closed a couple years ago. Kawasaki and Yamaha. They did more business with wave runners and ATVs than bikes.
I heard the son took over the company and spent the money foolishly.
We have a Suzuki dealer but you'll rarely see a customer in the parking lot.
The fastest growing dealer is Polaris. Not sure how their bike sales are but the sport UTVs are booming

·
Registered
44 Posts
same here there was a shop 20 mins from here (closest) and it closed as well. When I was in there last they where trying to sell me a CBR and acted as if everything was good. Then two weeks later I tried calling nobody answered and was told by a friend oh yeah they shut down last week. So now I have to drive a hour for the closest shop. Oh well

·
Premium Member
13,207 Posts
Sign of the times. Unlike Europe and Asia, where bikes are basic transportation, they are a luxury here and luxuries are the first to be eliminated in a down economy.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
The Kawasaki shop up here was sold to the place where I got my 10r this past spring. I think they changed a year or 2 ago. The old shop was Honda and Kawasaki; not a bad shop, I've been in a few times. The kawasaki shop where I got my 10r from is an old family run business with 2 or 3 shops in the Madison, WI area. Very nice people and the finance man is awesome; got me 3.24% APR. They have been selling bikes like they're going out of style. I swing by every couple weeks and there's always a new layout and fresh bikes on the floor.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I bought my 14R at the biggest mega-mall in the Los Angeles area, which has just about every popular brand of bike, atv, boat, jet ski, etc. They even have a sit-down coffee bar inside, similar to Starbucks. I stop by from time to time; and, I had a chat with the salesman a couple of days ago. Sales are sluggish at this point in time.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, at least there is some good news... Hinshaws Honda\Suzuki\Victory in Auburn just picked up Kawasaki.

But shit, 1 litre of Golden Spectro 10/40 synthetic blend and an oil filter set me back $61!!!

UGH!!!

·
Administrator
58,646 Posts
Well, at least there is some good news... Hinshaws Honda\Suzuki\Victory in Auburn just picked up Kawasaki.

But shit, 1 litre of Golden Spectro 10/40 synthetic blend and an oil filter set me back $61!!!

UGH!!!
Why or how can 1 litre and a filter cost $61?
Why would a blend cost that much or why would you use it?
I can buy 4 quarts full synthetic Amsoil and their filter for less than that.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
The Kawasaki shop up here was sold to the place where I got my 10r this past spring. I think they changed a year or 2 ago. The old shop was Honda and Kawasaki; not a bad shop, I've been in a few times. The kawasaki shop where I got my 10r from is an old family run business with 2 or 3 shops in the Madison, WI area. Very nice people and the finance man is awesome; got me 3.24% APR. They have been selling bikes like they're going out of style. I swing by every couple weeks and there's always a new layout and fresh bikes on the floor.
ill have to remember that come next spring when I want my N1k

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts

UGH!!!
Why the hell would you pay for that?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts