Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a 95 ZX6r and when I get on it, it does awesome through 1st and second gear, but when I hit third gear and up, it starts loading up and bogging down, like it needs more air or fuel or something. anyone have anything?

·
Registered
92 Posts
clean the carbs, check the jets, check the air filter???????????????????????
+1
Also check float height and the fuel filter in the line, make sure is to factory spec and that its jetted for where you live, should fix the problem

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
when I got the bike, the plugs fouled out. I went to replace them and found that there was a rag stuffed in one of my intake tubes. trying to richen the mixure they were. Had a heck of a time with the bike so I took it to a dealer to get fixed. The bike had needles that were way too big. all the way leaned out It was still running really rich. So the mechanic put in the filter and stock kawasaki needles and just adjusted it to compensate for the extra air the new filter was getting in. Now it starts bogging down. when I am going 70 and I hit the throttle, it is bogging down and barely speeding up. the mechanic told me to do a test by putting duct tape over one of the intake tubes and then running it to see If it is running too rich. if that is the case, he said that I need a little bigger main jet. Anyone got anything else?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts