Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So since im not in the market to be dropping the dollers on a GoPro helmet cam,i decided to find a way to rig up my BlackBerry torch to my helmet with minimal wind noise.

Basically just rednecked or (bluenecked) up some heavy duty elastics to the inner chin area of my helmet for the phone to sit in tight,while still being able to shut the wind screen to get the least amount of windnoise.Actually worked pretty damn good!

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Damn,22 views and nothing?

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
I couldn't get my audio to work?
Looked good except I see the diff between a wide angle shot and yours that's a bit more focused in one spot.
Looks good though
The audio is the best part of the vid.
The exhaust sounds sweet and you can hear the intake growl.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
The audio is the best part of the vid.
The exhaust sounds sweet and you can hear the intake growl.
+1 I did the same thing before I got my go pro, I just used a cheapy digital camera

·
Administrator
58,646 Posts
Got it!
I was on someone else's computer. Something must be turned off.
Sounds good.
I just tried my digital camera and it looks good but the microphone is right on top of the camera. Sound is horrendous.
How does the go pro have the microphone? Does it still sound good at high speeds?

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The wind was working against me as well.Leaving Bayers Lake shopping park jumping on to the 102 highway.Its always super windy there.Its super nice here today so im gunna have one more cup of coffee then head out to make a better one.

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well got another vid.I wanted to get a vid of opening her up but the highways are flooded with cops ($160 fine in the past) so i took her to a more isolated area with a good straight stretch.
0-160kml/h!:evil

·
Administrator
58,646 Posts
I like how you double check both ways before crossing the road. good boy.
Your roads are shit. Do they fill some of those potholes?
I wonder if you could mount the camera so that you get a view of the bike and gauges and also the road up ahead. Seems you're looking down at the gauges most of the time but I like seeing more of the road ahead of you. Gives a more realistic view and feel of riding the bike.

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I like how you double check both ways before crossing the road. good boy.
Your roads are shit. Do they fill some of those potholes?
I wonder if you could mount the camera so that you get a view of the bike and gauges and also the road up ahead. Seems you're looking down at the gauges most of the time but I like seeing more of the road ahead of you. Gives a more realistic view and feel of riding the bike.
Cars are constantly poppin out that road to the left (including cops) so yeah i double check.The road i did that straight run on was almost brand new,but the main road at the end,yeah that road is bad,supposed to be redone this summer.
The cam is backed out of the zoom as much as it can go.I know what your saying.Unless i mounted the phone somewhere other then in my helmet,at witch point wind noise would be brutal and risk the chance of losing my phone.BlackBerry Torch,not exactly a cheap phone.

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know i know.Its no GoPro:rolleyes

·
Administrator
58,646 Posts
I know i know.Its no GoPro:rolleyes
Actually I want the Drift HD. Just looking at other options right now.
You're doing the exact thing I was going to do. My camera takes good movies but the mic is out front and wind noise is bad. Plus mounting it might be a challenge.
The Drift has a lense that rotates that takes a lot of the mounting issues away.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
the exit you took in the 1st vid (sweeps right then left) seemed like a good place to get a lil low...but wtf was that car in the median?

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You're doing the exact thing I was going to do. My camera takes good movies but the mic is out front and wind noise is bad. Plus mounting it might be a challenge.
The Drift has a lense that rotates that takes a lot of the mounting issues away.
Yeah im gunna make another tomorrow.One that focuses more on the road ahead then the gauges.Just figured a vid of viciously going through the gears and RPMS would be best.Ill do half and half.

the exit you took in the 1st vid (sweeps right then left) seemed like a good place to get a lil low...but wtf was that car in the median?
Yeah i know.But at the time was more focused on lookin for where i was gunna do the next WOT with no cops lerkin around

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Im thinkin people park their cars there and car pool.Always diff random cars there.

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah the first run i did after i mocked it up was with the visor open and the only sound existing was wind noise even in first gear.Being able to shut my visor helped dramatically after slightly repositioning the phone so i could shut the visor.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts