Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was gonna head out for a ride and cleaned up the bike. While drying the front notices a little issue. Only one of the tree bolts left was tight. One missing all together. My question is I just got tires put on, would they not thread lock these?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,235 Posts
WOW!! If a shop left it like that I would never set foot in there again. That is very dangerous to not have the pinch bolts holding the axle and nut from spinning loose.
To answer your question, you do not need thread lock just properly torqued to spec.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, they said the torqued down the bolts and would not budge dom that so last time for the little shop in town. Gonna have to go to the other shop from now on.

·
Premium Member
2,235 Posts
If they properly torqued them down, there is no damn way they came loose or fell out. The shop is not going to admit fault because of the risks it caused.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree with you, they said that lock tite can cause issues have you heard of that before?

·
Premium Member
2,235 Posts
I personally would NOT use locktite on them, they do not need it. Cause a problem? Not sure either way on that one.

·
Premium Member
2,235 Posts
I have always followed the Kawasaki recommended procedure. Tighten the axle nut to spec. Push down on the front forks a few times and then torque the pinch bolts. I have never had an issue with this. That shop sounds down right scary!!!!

·
Premium Member
13,041 Posts
This is not the first time I've heard of some dim bulb leaving things loose and dangerous for the customer to (hopefully) deal with.

Almost all shops have one guy who knows what's going on, but many times, so-called "simple" tasks are left to the cheap helpers. Another reason I've done most of my own work for the past 50 years. No sense paying someone who's not even as smart as I am to do things that could affect my health.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts