Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to gain more power from my 2005 zx6r more specifically on the lower end. should i change sprockets and get a power commander. is all that worth the gains. I would appreciate any tips. Also what is the best pipe for my bike.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I just put a yoshi RS5 on my bike about a week ago and am in love with it. Its like ridding a brand new bike again. Throttle response has increases so hasnt power. as far as low end goes, I would recommend putting a pipe and a K&N in first then if think you want more low end put some gears on her.

·
Registered
39 Posts
If you want more power get a Powercommander. If you want a better sounding bike get a slip on like Akrapovic or Yoshi. I chose the Akrapovic and love the hell outta it. PC III is my next move. If you want more power and sound get both.:cool The PC III is what your looking for, increase in engine power and smoothness as well as better throttle response. Dont forget the jumper mod!

May I ask why you need more power? If your a new rider you've got a ZX6R you have more than enough power and should honestly master the bike before you look for more power. Invest in good gear first if you havent already. A slip on should satisfy you need for more power, since it enables you to feel and hear the power better it makes the bike more enjoyable to ride.

·
Registered
43 Posts
im looking for an exhaust my self. but you could also put up with a weak low end just by cruising in a lower gear. 1st gear on a 636 has got some pull to it. i sometimes cruise at 25-35mph at about 5-7thousand rpm in second, get above 7 and it will get moving pretty quickly. or if you really need the power shift down to 1st and get into about 8-10thousand rpm and you could pop wheelies if you really twist the throttle. going slow is the only time i've ever really had noticed or put up with weak low end. theres a lot of room to work with in a 636. with 1600rpms you can kind of play with the powerband and see what does what.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
600's don't make very much torque. kind of the nature of the beast. You have to crank them hard and they will feel strong above 7K. sprockets will give you bottom end and make a wheelie queen out of her. I personally don't like gearing down too much because i ride the highway a lot and it cranks the hell out of the motor at higher speeds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts