Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried many different oils over the years but this stuff is liquid gold. Wow, I'm impressed. Expensive but my bikes are worth it and even the glass window approves.

Have you tried this oil?

Premium Member
I use it in all my bikes. Owned my 1996 ZX7R and RR since new and used it right after slight break in period of 1500km. It is expensive but I swear by it. JMHO.

I only run it in my track bike. I change my oil often enough that I'm comfortable with Castrol semi-synth in my street bikes.

The odd one is I only run Amsoil in my Harley. It is worth 10 degrees less temperature to run it.

Premium Member
I used it in BW II a time or two. Same thing as Kawachem Syn. Good stuff.

The KTM just got a dry-sumpfull of Motul 7100 10W60.

Registered
I've tried many different oils over the years but this stuff is liquid gold. Wow, I'm impressed. Expensive but my bikes are worth it and even the glass window approves.

Have you tried this oil?

Yes, I have tried it...... its a fine oil, I just didnt like how my gearbox shifted afterwards. So now, for me, its either Redline or Royal Purple.

Reactions: WillZX14

Registered
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I almost passed out when I saw the price of this oil at a local shop. I bought my case elsewhere but shit the price per liter is insane. I paid $18 per Liter.

Well..wait I did say liquid gold? 馃槂

Reactions: Blainethemono

Registered
I dont know where you shop Will but Amazon has Motul 300V for $58.60 for 4 litres, free shipping, IF you have their Prime account

Royal Purple Max Cycle $12.99 a quart, plus shipping.
Redline Motorcycle oil $16.99 a quart, plus shipping

Because of this, I change my oil every other summer now, but I totally get EZ's decision to go Valvoline. If I was going to go "cheaper", Valvoline would be the go too choice for me as well. I run either Castrol or Valvoline in all my cars.

Reactions: WillZX14

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
I dont know where you shop Will but Amazon has Motul 300V for $58.60 for 4 litres, free shipping, IF you have their Prime account

Royal Purple Max Cycle $12.99 a quart, plus shipping.
Redline Motorcycle oil $16.99 a quart, plus shipping

Because of this, I change my oil every other summer now, but I totally get EZ's decision to go Valvoline. If I was going to go "cheaper", Valvoline would be the go too choice for me as well. I run either Castrol or Valvoline in all my cars.

Yeah pretty good deal on Amazon there. I'm a prime member too so I'll considered that on the next round.

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
you guys are RICH!
Valvoline full syn at walmart for 7 bucks for this cheap bastard
Black gold texas tea
Buddy Ebsen :LOL:

Ok never tried Vavoline, Royal Purple Max Cycle or Redline Motorcycle syn oil. Think I'll give them a shot.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
In which order would you rate these 1. 2. 3.

Vavoline, Royal Purple Max Cycle or Redline Motorcycle syn oil.

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
I've tried Mobil 1, Amsoil, Honda MC oil, Castrol, Cheaper version of Motul, and Yamalube over the years.

Registered

Have you tried this oil?

Yes. I use 300V now in my ZX9R. 15W50. A big improvement over Castrol Power 1 and Elf Moto 4 XT Tech, and Castrol GPS. Motul claims an additional 2.5hp on the top end. It seems to rev more freely than other oils, you can feel the power increase. Good for longevity for street riders. A YouTube video shows a 2014 CBR1000RR owner who put 8500 miles on the oil and sent the used oil out for analysis. It was still good! No more changing the oil at 3000 miles. Try eBay for the lowest price.

Have you tried this oil?

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
Yes. I use 300V now in my ZX9R. 15W50. A big improvement o A YouTube video shows a 2014 CBR1000RR owner who put 8500 miles on the oil and sent the used oil out for analysis. It was still good! No more changing the oil at 3000 miles. Try eBay for the lowest price.

That's partly why I decided to try 300V. I believe I've seen that video; pretty impressive results.

Agreed eBay and Amazon found to have the better priced 300V compared to other places.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts