Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So stoked. Saw my new child today, and get to bring her home tomorrow. Here's the first pics of her in the nursery....

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Sorry guys, I have data transfer issues on the site where my pics are. :banghead

resolved.... obviously

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Beans for the photobucket information.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Nice lookin bike bro! I really like it.

I swear the green looks the best, shows off the lines of the bike very nicely. I only got black cause I've always wanted a black bike and never seemed to get one amongst all the motorcycles I've ever owned over the years.

Once you get some miles logged on her, give us a ride report. And keep us updated with pics and what mods you do.

Go Ninja, go Ninja, go Ninja!!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. There are still a few of us die hard Ninja guys around that can't understand how a Ninja can be anything but green. Granted the black, and the titanium look sharp (not sure about the schoolbus yellow er I mean solar), but to be a ninja, and to be a true Kawi, "ya gots ta be green".

I just can't understand why they don't make the 14 in green? But then again, I guess a green aircraft carrier that moves like a fighter jet just might scare the bejesus out of some people.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not to sound like a kid at Xmas, but on my way to pick 'er up.

Probably won't be around for quite a few hours....

I'll post my "next of kin" info on my profile just in case you guys don't hear from me again.

:violent

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Swoosh said:
I just can't understand why they don't make the 14 in green?
There is a reason Mama K did this. The Kawi green associates the sport bike (i.e. the ZX-10R, ZX-6R) and Kawi did not want to market the ZX-14 in that same market. Look at the Vulcan and KLR, you never see those in the classic Kawi green. From a marketing standpoint, the targeted demographics that the bike was intended for were seperate from the supersport motorcycle crowd, thus the green was not released here in North America or overseas.

I wish Kawi would go back to the darker shade of green used on the 2000 ZX-12R, now that would be hot.

I suspect the titanium color used in Europe on the 10R will be one of next year's colors. I really hope the 10R gets released in magma red, now that would be hot! :eek

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Well. to add to that, let me tell you about the ultimate day filled with the highest of highs, and the lowest of lows....

Picked up the new bike - Ultimate High
Rode for a bit and loved every minute of it - Ultimate High
Met up with the boys and everyone stared at it in awe - Ultimate high

only 60 miles on the bike and looped it, and spent the next 7 hours at the hospital. - ULTIMATE LOW!!

Record time.... 5 hours after picking up and 60 miles on the odo, and she's back at the shop scraped and banged up.

I'm back at home, scraped and banged up. Thank god for a good helmet, jacket, and gloves. Saved my ass except for the sprained wrist. LESSON TO THOSE STARTING OUT.... SPEND THE MONEY ON THE HELMET, AND LEATHERS. DO NOT CHINCE OUT, YOU WILL NEVER REGRET HAVING GOOD SAFETY GEAR, AND YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN YOU'RE GOING TO NEED IT!! (end of preaching)

I'll keep you posted on this saga.... I just want to sit and cry..... or drink..... or something.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. The part that really gets me is that the cops give us a hard time about loud and obnoxious pipes when we ride.

However, in a situation like this, loud pipes may (or may not) have made me heard rather than seen.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the well wishes.

Here are the pics of the first ride...

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And after 5 hours.... the next day. SNIFF.

This part sucks....

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sorry guys, I guess photo bucket's download amounts can't keep up with this thread being D/L'd.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Really? I thought the digi tach would have been nicer.

Insurance into effect, they are trying to decide whether to fix, or write it off and just get me a new one. I'll keep you guys posted because I know you have nothing better to do than wait to see what happens.

Oh wait.... that's me that has nothing better to do... hopefully you guys are out riding. Stay safe, rubber side down, shiny side up.... yada yada yada. So jealous....

·
Registered
990 Posts
Which are you hoping for - New bike again or repairs?
I'm guessing the new bike might be quicker, I wonder if enough parts will be available to fix it quick enough as it's such a new bike.
Anyway hope they sort it soon.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I really don't know which I would prefer. Probably new, that way I never have to live with knowing it's been slammed to the ground.

But I feel bad for the current one.... only a few hours old and it looks as though I want to abandon her. I hope she can't hear me from here. LOL

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Okay, so far the insurance Co. has requested a quote. The garage has been putting one together, and at last contact (they weren't done), they were already up to $7000 in parts. PARTS only, and not including additional damage or labor.

Also, in answer to the "would you rather it be fixed or written off" question. After discussing with the shop... a new bike could be here in a week. Repairs could take up to 2-3 months due to the lack of available replacement parts. Too new. So that really settles that question.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Not the best way to go about it BUT TWO new bikes in a matter of weeks :wink

When I had my Z1100R I dropped it on damp, greasy London roads when a jaywalker walked out in front of me & caused me to swerve & brake trying to avoid them. It only caused minor damage but I never felt happy with the bike after that, as I had got it from new & felt it was flawed even after all the damage had been repaired :rolleyes . The damn pedestrian had disappeared by the time I had picked up the bike & got it out of the way of traffic :rant

1 - 20 of 30 Posts