Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this entire street bike scene. Been riding for two months and absolutely love it. decided that it was time to give my bike a wash. washed it up all nice and clean and when i was riding it home from my aunty's house i noticed that my front headlights went out. they were working when i first left the house. both high and low beam were working. and now they don't work. looks like there's some condensation in the headlight housing. some wanter got in. :angry and i find out that the left side of my tailight stopped working too. all blinkers and all other lights work fine. any ideas?

i had hids in the headlights hi and low. and i had the integrated talight on the rear. i hope i didn't fuck shit up too bad.. damn washing my bike ruined things. makes me not want to wash it again..

· Registered
5,533 Posts
Did you blow a fuse. I have to pull 3 fuses when i got to the track. Not that I have to just don't want them shining under the tape. Healight, tail and turns are all separate fuses.

· Registered
219 Posts
Did you blow a fuse. I have to pull 3 fuses when i got to the track. Not that I have to just don't want them shining under the tape. Healight, tail and turns are all separate fuses.
agreed checking the fuses is where I start anytime something like that happens.. they are under your seat

11,772 Posts
How did you wash the bike? Did you hose it down or mist it and wipe it down? The only thing I take a hose to are the rims on my bike. Everything else, I use a couple of damp rags. Spraying the whole bike down can cause problems.

· Registered
426 Posts
what year is the bike, all years are different in the way the seats are held down

· Premium Member
11,237 Posts
How did you wash the bike? Did you hose it down or mist it and wipe it down? The only thing I take a hose to are the rims on my bike. Everything else, I use a couple of damp rags. Spraying the whole bike down can cause problems.
I hose everything down, but only from a "top down" angle to avoid spraying stuff up underneath the seats. The exception being under the windshield, which is as close as I get to important things.

I don't have any corrosion problems (and with my whole harness in my truck right now I am sure of it). But I can see how going to town with the spray nozzle set to "fire hose" could cause issues.

Keep in mind these things are designed to be ridden in a torrential downpour.

But, also keep in mind that I have a 1997 carbed bike. Not as sensitive either.

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
had time today to pull things apart. Got my hi and lo beams working. Blew a fuse. As for the rear tailight, looks like i'm going to have to order a new one. Only half the brake light works. And it isn't a connection problem. I wonder why my tailight went out like that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.