Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
That's the best price on stands I've ever seen because there is free shipping included. They're cheap enough you could buy them and even use them as spares. i would want to read several reviews or visit the manufacturer's website before I bought.

I bought an inexpensive front stand from cyclegear once to save a few bucks. When I got it home, it just wasn't quite right and wouldn't touch ground squarely at all points. I tried to bend it, but I couldn't. I ended up giving it away to a friend with an R6. i found out the bike almost fell over on him while he was doing some maintenance on the bike. He gave it away. Might have been just a fluke manufacturing defect. Well, I don't buy cheap stands or cheap anything for the bike anymore. Closeouts or used but not abused is OK though.

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
I won them!

:crackup

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
I have only used ebay lifts (front is triple lift though) and I'm quite happy with them.
Works for my zx9 and for my g/f's ninja 250.
Very well made and you can't beat the price...

·
Registered
400 Posts
Not much technology in paddock stands. Bent tubing, few welds, and hole for spools/fork holder. I've only read of rear stands made of welded flat aluminum fail. Why aluminum, i dont know. Steel is quite light, stronger and cheaper to make. Guess some thought lightweight stands are what some want. Pretty shitty if they are not built square. I bought some old, used, steel, Motrax brand front and rear (non spool) stands and they work great and are plenty solid, although rear put a tiny dent at bottom of slip on because they dont quite clear (not stands fault). Could adapt to spools but would need hook spool adapters and spools and would cost more than I paid for both stands, combined. Don't think they sell in N/A as I bought off some guy who originally from UK. Those look very similar. Guess bent steel tubing, is bent steel tubing...

·
Registered
676 Posts
i bought GPI Industries stands back when i first got my bike in 08. about 100 bucks, been awesome, never have failed on me. now they have a head-lift attachment, so now i can feel safe taking my front wheel off so i dont have to go to a shop, have them order me a tire (even if they will match a price on the net), ride the bike there, paying more to have them take the wheel off, etc, etc.

stands are stands really. if they are built halfway decently they should last a while.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
I have a super fucking cheap, ultra low quality aluminum one from harbor freight that i paid like 30 bucks for. It wasn't wide enough, so I stood on one half and pulled the other half up.

Opened it right up, and it is rock solid. I have sat on the bike and moved around and generally been an ass on top of it while it was on the stand without problems.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts