Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know a Aftermarket license plate bracket that mounts where the factory rear fender is located under the exhaust (it would use the 4 or 2 of the 4 bolts that come down)

i replaced my brake light with the integrated turn signals and need a good place to put the plate. Currently im using the 2 hooks as the mount point. But id rather mount it a bit better.

im thinking i could just make something but im a bit lazy

id like just the license plate bracket from this auction but im not paying $60 for it

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i emailed the selling on ebay he wants $39 shipped for just the bracket

a complete rip i just dont have the time to go and make my own and i would really like to have a plate on my bike

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i decided to just make one out of a piece of sheet metal, took about an hour and it works just as good

·
Registered
330 Posts
I made one for my 2006 also. Took a piece of sheet metal that I had laying around, cut it to fit, smoothed the edges with a grinder & file, drilled the bolt holes - slapped a little paint on it & it works fine. Basically cost nothing but my time (maybe an hour). Sure beats the wacko amount of $$ they want for basically the same thing from any accesories dealer :crazyloco

·
Registered
488 Posts

this what i did, like i mentioned before in the intergrated II thread. i spent less than 3 bucks and i used the stock hardware, i painted the brackets since this pic.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you know what I attempted to try that and I was like WTF how did he bend the 2inch L bracket to go from the stock screws to the plate. I know just realized that you used the factory plate mount PLUS the L brackets. I dunno why i never thought of that. If i did i would have already had it done this weekend.

I want to take some picture of my bike ill try to post up what I made and what it looks like

·
Registered
488 Posts
thats wussup brah! it looks good. how u like'n you new tail light? i got madd props for it here

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thats wussup brah! it looks good. how u like'n you new tail light? i got madd props for it here
everywhere I got people are like WTF how did you get your factory tail light to do that

i just tell them its magic or why yours doesnt do that, I guess yours is defective

1 - 10 of 10 Posts