Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so I was cleaning up my shop tonight and ran across my old toolbox with all my leftover R/C Car crap in it.
Since Im in the middle of a complete rewire of my bike and a cleaning I figured I would see if I had any deans connectors left over , and ran across some old bearings instead.
I dont know if it was the fact that Im tired or the fact that I was irritated with my levers being a bit wobbly (not even a year old) . But either way I ended up using one of my old black levers as a guinea pig, drilled it out a bit and pressed in bearings and did a test fit. What I now have is a silky smooth brake lever with no wobble !!!!!!! So Im curious has anyone else tried this, and If so what was the outcome ?

Paul

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I honestly have no idea which truck those bearings came from . At the height of my R/C Madness I had 75 trucks.
Im pretty sure however that they are out of a transmission from a Traxxas model of some sort. One side of the bearing is open and not sealed. That bearing was still in a sealed clear baggie, So I know I bought them as a replacement. (The cardboard that gets stapled to the pack was missing.)

Anyhow check your local hobbyshop. Theyre pretty cheap to buy.
And by the way Im using a 6mm Bolt through there with a flush allen head as the original bolt will NOT fit through the bearing.

Paul

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Dude thats sic sic!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts