Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

421 - 440 of 472 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,538 Posts
My newest helmet. My wife bought it for me for our anniversary last week.

It's a Bell Vortex "Flying Tiger"

·
Banned
656 Posts
a Shoei RF-1100
The most comfortable helmet I have owned. hands down.
Hot or Cold.
(bad pic, bad phone, long ride, great helmet, Nevada Desert)

·
Registered
20 Posts
The most comfortable helmet I have owned. hands down.
Hot or Cold.

I think that's what I'm going to go with. I like the feel of the helmet, but of course if I take it out of the store and ride with it, I'm stuck. Just looking for something that doesn't get a lot of drag when I open the bike up and that has a nice air flow to keep my head cool. Would like to try a Bell Star out, but nobody around me seems to have them to try on.

·
Banned
656 Posts
I think that's what I'm going to go with.
I like the feel of the helmet, but of course if I take it out of the store
and ride with it, I'm stuck.
Just looking for something that doesn't get a lot of drag when
I open the bike up and that has a nice air flow to keep my head cool.
Would like to try a Bell Star out, but nobody around me seems to have them to try on.
Go try one on.. walk around the store..
If you forget your wearing it.. its yours :thumbup

You can pick em up on eBay CHEEEEEEEAP.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Im still rocking my Icon Airframe love the fitment, and hate the wind noise
I might just get shoei or arai

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
I've posted up these pics before but not on this thread, so my Shoei X-twelve:

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts

Brand new scorpion exo1100. Loved my 400 so figured a newer one was in order. Plus closeout made it less than $200 :mfclap

·
Registered
61 Posts

Kaos: I was a bit skeptical too, ive been in the business many years, had many helmets, arai q2, shoei a few, hjc, kbc, but for the the price these are a really good deal. This is my track helmet so review is a bit biased. Arai, shoei helmets are truely great helmets and for long distance and comfort tough to beat... but at nearly 1000 bones in my country.. a little pricy for a track lid that needs replacing every 5 years...track rules... or a one time use during an crash event.i've heard all the manufactures pitch on why there's are the best. BUt it comes down to this. Dot is a joke, snell is good but i feel ece is the best for motorcycle lids so far but thats another debate. This is not snell or DOT so probably not available in the states But is accepted by the rest of the world and at most US tracks... figure that one out. This is an all carbon fiber weighing in a 2.11 lbs for an xl. Yes...2.11 lbs!!! Go weigh your helmet. This is the lightest lid ive ever had on my head, feels like im wearing nothing... a bit noisy , the fins make it steer a bit when you turn ur head like a vr2 does but fit is great and finish is pretty good. Only neg i guess is im not a fan of a ratcheting chin strap... oh and it comes with two sheilds, dark and clear. A pretty good value at $290 Canadian.

·
Premium Member
13,120 Posts
Broke my cardinal rule of, "Got a cheap head, buy a cheap helmet and ordered one of these:

For $113 shipped with a spare smoked shield, I didn't thin I could go wrong.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Speed and strength 700 and Icon Alliance dark( i swapped to a clear shield was too dark)
the S&S is for passengers and a backup. the alliance is my everyday helmet.

421 - 440 of 472 Posts